Chapter Seven:

Chapter Seven:

“Come on Miroku! Inuyasha and Kimi are probably dead by now!” Voices from below shouted.

“I’m trying! He isn’t exactly the lightest feather!” another voice growled, seeming strained.

“Oh my god, my poor cousin.” Someone was crying, a female. Her voice sounded familiar to me.

“Poor Inuyasha. Poor Kimi.”

“At least they didn’t die in vain.”

“They’re fools! They shouldn’t have gone up there alone!”

I felt my body being shifted and I opened my eyes, finding myself in Inuyasha’s lap. Inuyasha was watching our friends mourn, seemingly uninterested.

“Are…are we dead?” My voice cracked, thick with sleep.

Inuyasha looked down to me and snickered, shaking his head no. His hair was silver again and his eyes were bright yellow. He sighed.

“I guess we best go disappoint them. Come on.” He picked me up and leapt down, landing behind everyone. They were all crowded around the Peach Man, crying and sobbing about our death.

“They were idiots.” Miroku sniffled.

“Sorry to disappoint you.” Inuyasha growled. Everyone jumped and turned.

“INUYASHA!!!! KIMI!!!!”

I groaned as we were caught in the middle of a group hug, my body was still a little sore and my head was starting to get worse.

“Kimi?”

“Hnm?”

“Where are your clothes?”

I groaned. “He tried to cook me, Kags, and I don’t know what he did with my clothes.”

I had forgotten that I was still wrapped in Inuyasha’s top. I reached for my bag, searching for my medicine and some water. I swallowed the pills and climbed out of Inuyasha’s arms.

“Kags? Do you have any extra clothes?”

She frowned and started to look in her backpack. “I’m not sure I packed any…”

I sighed, waiting for the throbbing in my head to fade before moving.

“Come on, let’s get moving. We can buy a kimono in the next village.” Inuyasha lifted me back up into his arms.

“Kimi, stop trying to protest. You need to sleep. You fought harder then I did last night.” I stuck my tongue out at him but complied, snuggling up to his chest and closing my eyes.

“So what exactly happened last night? We heard a lot of screams.”

“That was probably after Kimi set the Peach Man on fire…” As Inuyasha indulged into our little adventure I fell back asleep, my dreaming mind wondering.

I was flying again.

My heart raced with a since of urgency, my hair flying out behind me.

“INUYASHA!” My lips moved without my permission. I realized I wasn’t flying, I was falling. A shape grew nearer as I fell. It was Inuyasha. His eyes were closed and he was barely breathing, his long silver hair floating out around him.

I screamed out as his body made contact with the rocks below, blood splattering everywhere. My arms and legs went numb again, restrained to my side, and I screamed as I fell. I landed on top of Inuyasha’s body, my head wound reopening.