Chapter Fifteen:

Chapter Fifteen:

I blinked, listing to Inuyasha as he breathed. He was still asleep, along with everyone else. I figured it was about one or two in the morning, way to early to get up, but I couldn’t fall back asleep. I didn’t want to…not after that dream.

I clenched my teeth tighter together when I heard the door slowly creep open, creaking loudly. I watched the door, noticing how the male didn’t have a lamp. He was obviously up to no good. You could practically smell the testosterone pouring out of him. He was absolutely filthy.

He was the villager from earlier.

He walked to Kagome and Koga’s bed first, looking over it’s inhabitants before moving onto the next bed. He was searching for someone in particular. I didn’t move, pretending to be asleep.

He walked over to our bed. Moonlight shined off his teeth as he brought the corner of his lips back into a cruel smile. He reached into his robe and pulled out a small dagger.

“Maybe if you don’t have such a pretty face she wont like you.” He muttered darkly, raising the dagger to Inuyasha’s face.

Giant roots shot out of the ground, wrapping around the man’s neck, ankles, and wrists. He was yanked to the floor, gasping for air. I sat up, my glowing green eyes illuminating the dark room. Inuyasha sat up and yawned.

“Morning already?”

“Somewhat. Looks like we have a visitor.” I folded my arms across my chest, glaring at the man.

He paid no attention, to busy trying to claw at the roots so he could breathe. Miroku, Sango, and Koga all sat up, staring at the floor.

“What are you doing in our room at this time?” Miroku demanded. I allowed the roots to release his neck so he could answer.

The man coughed out blood and sat up, shakily wiping the back of his hand across his mouth. Miroku gave me a hard look. I sent him one back.

“He was trying to hurt Inuyasha.” I pointed to the small dagger, which lay a few feet away. The man glared up at me.

“I was not! I carry that dagger for protection. I was just coming in and checking to make sure you were all asleep and well.”

I glared at him. He shrunk under my gaze.

“You do realize I was awake when you entered the room.”

His eyes widened in fear and he shuffled back trying to get away, forgetting about the roots that gripped his wrists.

“You were trying to hurt me.” Inuyasha glared at the man, starting to get up. I pulled him back down, my glare becoming more deadly.

The man started to gasp now, unable to look away. “Y-you aren’t h-human!”