Chapter 1

Previously; Noodle, Barrett, Zoey and I are sitting on the couch in the lobby upset about Natalie when we hear a noise behind us. "LeShaen! Oh, my God, is that you?" She said running up and hugging him. "We thought you were dead." Zoey said "Good to see you man" Noodle said. Then we saw lights and turned to see a bunch of people coming towards the door. "They followed me here. I didn't have a choice." LeShaen said.
Mia's pov
"Run. Now." Barrett said
"What happened here?" LeShaen asked looking at the freaks on the floor, when we got to a spot where the guys from Keller couldn't see us.
"They got let out of the shelter. Keller tried to kill us." I said
"They're gone." Noodle said.
"Gone? Where'd they go? So they're not coming inside." I asked asked
"Best guess they're assessing the situation? They wanna see what they're dealing with before they enter. LeShawn, what did you tell them? " Barrett asked
"I told them my friends were here."LeShaen said.
"Did you give details?" Barrett asked
"I just told them we needed help. That's it." LeShaen said.
"You're sure? I need specifics. You brought these people here." Barrett said.
"I beat them here so I could warn you about them!" LeShaen said
"Because you revealed our location." Barrett responded
"Okay, stop it! Both of you." Zoey said.
"The others don't know what's going on. So go." Zoey said.
"We'll find Violet" I said grabbing Noodles hand sensing Zoey wanted to talk to LeShaen alone.

Violets pov
"I couldn't do what Natalie did. I mean, I'd wanna help everybody, but to go like that I don't know how Diesel can deal." I said to grover as we sat on a couch
"It's gonna take time. He'll figure it out." Grover
"It's awful, isn't it? Being so close to someone. To have it taken away. Makes me think it's not even worth it."
"Of course it's worth it. I mean, Diesel hurts now, but I mean, at least he had someone."
"Maybe." I said.
"Hey, if I lost you, I would be crushed, but I would still be glad that we had this. You wouldn't be glad that we had this?"
"Of course I would."
"But?"
"It's nothing. It's just hard."
"Yeah, we're all vulnerable."
"Yeah."
"Hey You know I'm not going anywhere, right? I'm not gonna hurt you."
"Shit." I said noticing flashlights outside the school. I looked to the door of the room and noticed Mia and noodle motion for us to come out of the room. We walked out and met up with everyone further down the hall
"We can't stay here." Noodle said to everyone
"They're coming in." Mia said. We all started to run.
"Come on, come on." Noodle said basically dragging a frozen Mia.
"Mia" I whispered harshly causing to to turn around and run with us.

Mia's pov
"We all ran and hid in a classroom behind the tables and I started to hyperventilate.
"Mia, Mia baby I know you're scared but I need you to calm down for me,okay? Deep breaths" noodle said wrapping me in his arms.
"Mi Mi it's ok" Zoey whispered holding my hand, I could feel her hand shaking almost as bad as mine but calmed down anyway. Zoey and Noodle have always been my rocks. I buried my head in Noodles chest as I heard someone open the door.
"Don't shoot. You got me." I heard LeShaen say. I looked up to see him surrendering to safe the rest of us.
"Walk." I heard a lady's voice say and LeShaen walked out of the room. I heard the squeal of the loud speaker about 10 minutes after LeShaen had left, by now we were all sitting on the tables trying to figure out what to do.
"Hello out there. I have your friend here." The same voice that told LeShaen to walk said over the speaker.
"What the hell is she doing?" Zoey asked.
"And he wants to talk to me. Are you right handed or left? Doesn't matter, I guess. I'm gonna ask you again. Where are your friends?
"I told you. Looks like some of them turned freak, the other ones must have left." LeSean said before we heard him yell out in pain.
"Wrong answer." The lady said.
"Oh my god, they're torturing him" I said starting to cry.
"Where are they? " the lady asked again.
"I told you! "LeShaen said groaning in pain again.
"We have to do something to help him." Zoey said
"We should rush her." Diesel said
"Hey, maybe you're right. I mean, she can't shoot all of us." Grover said.
"I have a better idea. We might be able to call her away if I can get to my radio." Barrett said.
"Mia stay with Zoey, okay?" Noodle asked me. I nodded moving over to Zoey. She grabbed my hand obviously needing support right now.

Grovers pov
"Nice try." One of the men from Keller said coming up behind me after I tried to trick him into going another way.
"We should talk about this." I said
"On your knees. Keep your hands where I can see them." He said as I reached into my pocket and pulled out the photo of me that I found in the guys bag from Keller when he tried to kill us with them injections.
"That changes things." The guy said lowering his gun as diesel came up behind him bashing his head in.
"Diesel, stop! " I said.
"I couldn't get their band on my radio." Barrett said walking out of the radio room.
"Doesn't matter. We got something better." I said pulling the radio off the now dead guy from Keller.

LeShaens pov
"I was with y'all for the last couple days. I don't know where they went." I said to the lady who kept hitting me in the hand with a hammer.
"Need backup, science wing." A voice that sounded a bit like grover impersonating someone said over the radio.
"Hey, come on, help me with this." The lady said untying me and walking me through the halls with a gun to me.
"Oh, that's my friend, Diesel. He must've turned when I was gone." I said looking at a freak on the floor trying to convince these people there was no one here.
"Keep moving." She said. As we bumped into a man from Keller.
"Have you cleared the main building?" She asked the man
"Yeah." He said.
"Then I'm gonna see what's going on with O'Grady in the science wing." She said. We get to the science wing and see her man getting eaten by freaks, I try to escape but she drops me to the floor gun pointed at my head.
"Shoot me. The noise'll draw the freaks." I said
"Maybe. But I know I can get out faster than you." The lady said
"I don't know, I'm pretty fast." I said
"I bet you were." She said breaking my leg.
The lady runs away as the freaks start to ran at me. One of them gets on top of me, just as its about to bite me noodle comes out of the classroom next to me and kills it.
"Thanks, bro." I said as the other started to kill the rest of the freaks.

Mia's pov
Zoey, Violet and I sit aside the door of a classroom the boys are inside it splinting LeSeans leg and hand.
"Oh, my God. They're hurting him." Zoey said as LeShaen screams again.
"No. They're splinting his leg. It's broken badly. He's gonna be okay." Violet said.
"Hey, Zo Zo, remember when you broke your wrist two years ago at state. Remember how much you said it hurts like hell until they stabilize it."
"Yeah" Zoey said.
"So you know that they have to do this. They don't want to hurt him, you know that." I said.
"I know" Zoey said.