Like Old Times

{Janet Jackson}

{Janet Jackson}

I woke up sprawled across my bed, the sun beaming down through the balcony doors. I slowly roll over to check the time and I notice I have 5 missed calls from Michael AND it's 11:30am. "Shit!!" I whisper. He's gonna be here in 30mins and I'm nowhere near ready.

I run to the bathroom, take a quick shower and freshen up. I then run to the closet, pick out a oversized lavender/bleached finished Prince T-shirt and some black ripped skinny jeans to wear for the day and I run back to the bathroom where I throw my hair up in a messy bun and put on the bare minimum of makeup. I quickly grab a pair of white high top laced booties that perfectly accentuates my outfit and dash out the room.

Right as I make it to the bottom step, there's a light knock at the door. Once I finish tying up my shoe, I sprint through the foyer to open it.

"Hi!!" I greeted, with one hand on my hip and the other clutching the door handle, out of breath.

Michael's standing there in the doorway wearing a long sleeve red shirt with black trimmings. He had on a pair of black pants and of course his Penny loafers with a pair of ray-bans covering his eyes. He looked....wow.

"Woke up late?" He giggled. His face was filled with amusement.

"Pfft! Noo!" I waved him off.

"Well if you're ready, let's get going!!" He exclaimed, reaching out for my hand.

I hesitated before grabbing it and I proceed to follow him down the driveway to a black SUV. The driver got out and opened the back door, "After you!" Michael motioned for me to get in first. I slid in and he followed right behind, closing the door.

"You ready?" He asked me, anxiously awaiting my answer.

I let out a small, yet nervous laugh and responded, "Always."

He tilted his head down allowing his glasses to slide slightly down the bridge of his nose revealing his big brown eyes.

"Well let's go..." He said, moreso to me than the driver. He pushed his glasses back up and the driver, obeying, pulled out the driveway and headed down the street.

We ended up in downtown LA at the STAPLES Center. The car came to a stop and I looked over at Michael with a puzzled look on my face just to see him already staring at me. We stared at each other for what seemed like an eternity until I couldn't take it anymore and finally broke the silence.

"Soooo are you gonna tell me why we're here?" I asked, turning to look out the window again. "I thought you were going to show me around.."

"Go in and you'll find out." He responded with a playful smile.

I shook my head and rolled my eyes before getting out the car. We walked through the entrance which led to a huge lobby and then through another set of double doors was the auditorium. Rows and rows of black leather seats filled the place from top to bottom. Michael escorted me down the aisle to the stage. There was a group of people huddled up in the center of the stage. The closer we got, Michael yelled out.