Two for One

{Prince}

{Prince}

Shortly after my house was ransacked by who Michael and Janet seem to think was Shana, I stayed home and did most of my work from there. I had photographers and other models working on the same project coming in and out of my house the entire week. I even talked my bestfriend Beau, into flying in from France to help with some shoots. Back in France, he would design outfits to build his portfolio and in turn, I'd model them in order to build mine. We became a two for one special. Our friendship remained strong even though we were, what seemed to be, worlds apart.

"So!!" Beau exclaimed, his French accent sounding thicker than ever. I sat on the edge of the bed and watched as he finished hanging up the last of his clothes in the guest room closet. "What's been going on? I haven't talked to you in almost a week."

"I've been dealing with some stuff." I sighed, sitting down in front of the vanity.

"Like?" He asked, eyeing me.

"Well as you know, I've been hanging out with Michael. We have this weird thing going on, I guess some would call it Friends with Benefits," I explained. "Well, he also has or had a girlfriend who he was supposedly married to. Anyways, I guess they broke up and she managed to find where I live because after spending a weekend with Michael in a hotel room, I came back home and while I was asleep my house was trashed and the gas on the stove was left on."

"What?!" Beau gasped, putting a hand on his chest. Clearly shocked at the info I just told him. "So this bitch is crazy!!"

"We don't even know if it was really her but Janet seems to think it was." I replied.

"Sis..... whoever it was, tried to kill you." He said, stating the obvious.

"So," I continued. "I've been keeping myself busy with work and avoiding Michael."

"But why?" He asked.

"Because he's the common denominator between all of this and maybe if I keep my distance until everything dies down, then things will soon be fine again." I responded standing up.

I walked over to the window and looked outside. It was facing the front of the house so I could get a full view of the front yard, the pathway leading to the backyard, the driveway and the street. It was a beautiful day outside. The wind was blowing and the sun was out. It wasn't too hot to be out which meant the street was a little busier than usual with people driving by or walking their dogs or going for a jog. I hadn't realized Beau had walked up beside until he pointed out someone I usually see when I go out to check the mail but pay little attention to. I was never the type to introduce myself to my neighbors.

"Is that......Prince?!" He let out an exaggerated gasp. "Oh my God!"

"Um I doubt it!!" I scoffed. "Doesn't he live in Minnesota or something?"