Holiday Blues

"Okay........open!"

I moved my hands down from over my eyes and they nearly popped out in amazement.

There I was, plastered on a billboard on Sunset Boulevard, in my Victoria's Secret lingerie debuting their winter collection. The photo looked absolutely amazing and I was already getting offers from Magazines and designers. I couldn't help but squeal at the excitement of it all.

"Thank you, thank you, thank youuu!!!!" I jumped up and down, wrapping my arms around Prince's neck giving him a tight squeeze. "Thank you so much for making this happen for me!"

"Of course!" Prince smiled giving the billboard another glance. "You were a perfect fit."

I was beyond thrilled and grateful for Prince. Thanks to him, my career was only going to go up from here and I couldn't wait to see what the future had in store for me.

"I have to get going," Prince stated, causing me to frown. "I have to catch my flight but I'll see you at the New Years Eve party, right?"

"I guess." I rolled my eyes.

Every time he came to see me, he always had to leave and go back home two seconds after getting here and I never understood why.

"Why do you always have to rush off?" I questioned. "You never stay long enough for us to even do anything fun!"

"Because I have other obligations back home to tend too," He explained. "Yet, at the same time, I still try to make time for you even if it's just for a little bit."

"Sooo, why can't you just handle your other 'obligations' before coming to see me, duh!" I responded as a matter of fact.

Prince let out a light chuckle before answering. "Because then I'd never see you."

I let out a deep sigh. I'm guessing my frustrations were starting to show because he grabbed my hand and kissed the back of it.

"You're going to miss your flight." I said, taking my hand back. "Text me when you make it home."

"Princess...." He pouted.

"We'll talk later!" I flashed my best reassuring smile before turning to walk to my car, get in and drive off.

~

The next several weeks went by in a blur. I was getting booked for photo shoots left and right. I could barely blink before I was offered another assignment, not that I was complaining. Never in a million years would I have thought I would be here living out my wildest dreams. The only thing missing was Michael but after the fight we had, I doubt there was a future with us especially now that he's engaged again. So, instead of sulking around my house, trashing everything that reminded me of him, I buried myself in my work and ,well, the occasional party.

Tonight I would be attending Secret Santa at Hayvenhurst and then Janet and I were heading to a Christmas party hosted by the Hilton's. Paris and I became friends not too long ago, so when she invited me to her Christmas party, I graciously accepted and asked Janet if she'd be my plus one, which of course she said yes.

Upon entering the Jackson's house, I was greeted with nothing less of a warm welcome. I made my way to the kitchen where all the women were.

"Merry Christmas!" I beamed as I walked in. Janet immediately wrapped me up in a hug. I was then greeted by LaToya, Rebbie and Katherine. It was good to be around them, the guys included, because Lord knows I needed to be around family even if they weren't biological.

"Where's Annie?" Katherine asked. Annie was my grandmother and Katherine had invited her over to have dinner with us but I'm guessing she hasn't heard from her today.