Lonely Teardrops

The summer months quickly faded and Fall had just come in. The weather was nice, the air warm and and crisp and the trees had already begun turning auburn, red and yellow. My backyard was covered with leaves that had fallen from their host.

'Good thing I have a pool cover!' I thought to myself as I stood on the balcony taking in the scenery.

"Princess?" I turned to see Janet standing in the doorway. "I came by to see if you wanted to go shopping today."

"Can't," I sighed.  "I have work at noon."

"Another photoshoot?" Her eyes lit up with excitement. "Can I stay and watch pleeeaasssee!!!"

"Yeah, a Victoria's Secret campaign," I shrugged. "...And yeah, sure, you can stay."

Janet clasped her hands in excitement as she bounced around the room going on and on about how lucky I was.

It wasn't luck though. Prince got me this gig as a gift and a joke. He said it might get me out this "funk" I was in. He also said since I like walking down the street meeting random men in lingerie, might as well get paid for it. I couldn't help but laugh when he made the comment. He was always going to use the day we met as joke.

I shook my head and smiled at the thought of Prince. Over the past few months, our friendship grew. He called me every night and we'd talk about any and everything. Sometines we would talk for hours, eventually falling asleep while still on the phone. This caused Michael and I to argue one night.

"Really? This is our movie night but instead you stayed on the phone with Prince the whole time!" Michael fussed. There was a hint of aggravation in his voice.

"Calm down," I said brushing him off. "It's not like we can't put in another movie to watch."

He scoffed. "Why? So you can just get on the phone again and talk about absolutely nothing?"

"You're just mad no ones on the phone talking to you!" I joked but he did not crack a smile.

"No," He replied. "I'm mad because you don't utter more than two words to me anymore."

"Okay, so I'm sorry for not wanting to open up when you want me to." I apologized.

He let out a deep breath and said, "No. I don't want you to be sorry. I want you to be better. You gave me hell about being with Shana. You made it seem like you wanted a relationship and now that I'm here trying to give you that, you refuse to meet me halfway. So I tell you what, if you want to be with me, great. If not, and you'd rather take your shot with Prince, or anyone else for that matter, then let me know. Let me know something because I'm tired of you playing games with me."

With that being said, he left slamming the door behind him.

That was almost a week ago and we still haven't talked. 

"You okay?" Janet asked, staring at me through the vanity mirror.

"What's Michael been up to?" I asked, trying to sound as if I didn't really care.

"Busy trying to finish up the album. The label wanted to throw in some remastered classics." She explained. "We're throwing an all white party at Neverland Ranch tonight if you wanna come!!"

"Tonight?" I tried to think of an excuse so that I didn't have to go but none came to mind. "I'll be there! Just leave me an address."