Chapter 2

Hera ran she could smell the familiar scents of her pack territory. She couldn't stop thinking of the brute she had met earlier. "Kane" she thought again and again in her head. The other wolves greeted her and she greeted them back, still thinking of Kane. She had never seen him before. Hera told herself to stop thinking of him. She already knew she probably was not going to ever see him again. She sighed as she walked into the alpha's den. Her father, Dakota, noticed her enter and got up from where he sat, watching the pack. 

    "Hello, Hera. How was your hunt?" her father asked.

    "It was ok. I wasn't able to catch anything though." Hera replied, head hanging low, and ears pinned back, sad that she was not able to catch any prey.

    "Do not be sad my daughter, the pack has plenty of prey left." Dakota told her, which brightened up Hera's mood and made her feel much better.

    "Thank you, father" Hera answered before walking out of the den to go to her own. Once she got to her den, she lied down and rested her head on her paws. She watched pups pounce on eachother and wrestle as they played. Hera smiled, the pups were such adorable little critters. 

    As Hera continued to watch the pups, her friend, Luna, walked in. Luna was a wolf with a glorious white pelt, like a snowy field. The two she-wolves had grown up together and were almost like sisters.

    "You seem distracted." Luna said, lying down next to Hera.

    "Oh, it's nothing." Hera responded.

    "Did you meet someone? Someone who'll cure your loneliness?" Luna questioned.

    "Maybe." Hera said in return.

    Hera soon told Luna about her meeting with Kane. After they chatted, nightfall came and Hera fell asleep.

(Hera's photo is above.)