Chapter 5

The next day, Hera was called to talk to her father. Hera entered her father's den to see why he needed her.

"You needed me?" she asked.

"Yes, I have called you here to talk about the visit from the pack of the Setting Sun." Dakota answered. "We have decided for you to be paired with the son of the alpha."

As the words entered Hera's ears, she stood there in shock. "Y-yes, father." she stammered, not wanting to disobey him. She left the alpha's den, wondering why she was so shocked. She would normally be fine with this, considering her to be the daughter of the alpha, but why did she seem to dislike this decision? "Is something wrong? Could it be Kane the reason why? Am I having feelings for him?" Hera thought as she started to get confused.

Time passed, and the pack of the Setting Sun soon arrived. The alphas both greeted each other and Hera got to meet the other alpha's son. He was named Falcon and was a charming yet kind brute.

"Hello, you must be Hera. I'm Falcon, son of alpha of the Setting Sun." Falcon greeted Hera.

"Nice to meet you, Falcon." Hera replied.

To two got to know each other better as an amount of time passed. Little did they know someone was watching.

Kane watched, hiding in a bush. At the river, he had found out that Hera belonged to the pack of the Rising Moon. He did not tell her that he was a loner, scared she would no longer want to see him. He was cautious not to pass pack territory. He saw Hera talking to a male wolf, a little bigger than Kane. "Who could that be?" Kane thought as he watched.

(Falcon's photo is above :D)