Chapter 7

Kane looked at Hera, relieved that one of the males did not jump at the wrong time, possibly injuring her. He looked at Falcon who looked more furious than relieved.

    "How could you defend this intruder! He surely is not from any pack. I have never seen him before." Falcon growled. "He might even be a rouge spy!"

    "I may not be from a pack, but I did not mean to wander into your territory. I am also not a spy. I will leave now if you wish." Kane stated.

    "HUSH!" Hera yelled. "We do not need to fight more! Physically or verbally, we do not need this. You may leave, lone wolf, but do not ever wander into pack territory again." After Hera had spoke, Kane looked sad and Hera felt a strange feeling. Could it be that she feels sorrow for making Kane sad? 

    Kane quickly left not wanting to stir up more trouble. He thought of Hera, she seemed to speak with authority, much like the other wolf that accused him of being a rouge spy. Could it be that they both have high rankings? Especially Hera? If that was the case, Kane had no chance with her. "I guess I will be alone forever." Kane said quietly to himself walking to his den. 

    He soon arrived in his den and walked in. He lied down, resting his head on his paws. Kane felt lots and lots of sorrow. He felt like his heart had burst into tiny pieces. Pieces so tiny that they could not be put back together. Kane was hopeless, hopeless that he would ever find love, hopeless that Hera could ever return the feelings that he had for her, and especially, hopeless that he would be alone. He whimpered, until he heard a rustling in the bushes. Kane looked up and a scent drifted into his noise. 

    "Hello?" Kane asked, getting up.

    Suddenly, a female walked out from the bushes. Kane looked at her, he remembered seeing her once, but she was alone the last time he saw her. Kane could tell from her scent that she was a lone wolf, she did not have the scent of others on her coat.

    "Uh- Oh, hi." the female replied. "I'm sorry. Did I disturb you?"

    "No, I was just watching the scenery." Kane responded. 

    "Ok then, if you want, I can just leave." she said.

    "Wait, it's ok if you stay. Maybe we can talk for a bit. Also, I'm Kane." Kane told her. "Maybe we can be friends?"

    "Well I'm Breeze. Nice meeting you, Kane." Breeze answered. "I also think you'll be a great friend."

    (Here's Breeze!)

    (Here's Breeze!)