Chapter 1

Kane opened his brown eyes and looked around his den as sunlight poured in. He got up on all four of his paws and yawned, walking out. "Same old boring routine" he said to himself. He would wake up, hunt, go to sleep, and repeat. Kane walked as he looked for prey to catch. 

    The lone wolf soon caught the scent of a rabbit nearby. He stayed close to the ground and slowly walked as the scent got stronger. He caught sight of the fuzzy rodent grazing on some grass. Once it was the right time, he pounced at the rabbit, but suddenly collided into something else. The bunny fled away in panic and Kane quickly got up, growling at the creature that ruined his catch. 

   "Look what you did! You made me lose my prey!" Kane growled furiously, as the other creature, which was a wolf, got up. 

   "And who said it was yours?" the other wolf snapped back at Kane once they got up. Kane's eyes suddenly widened and he stopped growling. The other wolf was a female! Kane stood there, frozen. He had seen plenty of females throughout his years of life, but he had never seen one so beautiful. Kane had noticed that the female was around the same age as him, a little younger than Kane. 

   The female looked at Kane and stopped growling. She had a confused look on her face since Kane was staring at her for a while now. Kane snapped back to reality, realizing how long he had been staring. 

    "Um... Excuse me?" the she-wolf asked.

    "Sorry, I don't see much female nowadays. I'm Kane." Kane answered.

    "I'm Hera." she replied, calming down. 

    Suddenly, a howl was heard in the distance. "I need to go." Hera told him before turning around and running away from Kane. Kane watched as the beautiul she-wolf disappeared from view.

Author's note: Thanks for reading my first story! Also, Kane is the wolf at the top.