Chapter 12

Kane had stayed in Breeze's den for a while, his injured leg and wounds healing well. Breeze had taken care of him well, making sure he had all he needed, such as food and water. His wounds were now healed but his leg was still painful, Kane still had a slight limp. Breeze has told him that after a couple more days, he would be fine again. He was still shocked by how he had survived the fall. The long, long treacherous fall that could've taken away his life if the river was not there to catch him, saving his life. He was grateful, simply glad to even be able to see the light of day. After a few moments, Breeze came back, holding a rabbit and two birds in her mouth.

    "Welcome back!" Kane greeted, slowing getting up, wincing a bit at the pain from his leg.

    "Be careful! You're still healing. Stay put." Breeze told him, putting the prey down and rushing over to his side. Kane lied down after being scolded by Breeze, the fae feeling ultimately worried for Kane. She went back to where she had put down the birds and rabbit, picking them up and walking back to where Kane lie.

   "Here, eat this. You need to eat if you want to heal faster." Breeze told the male, using her nose to push the rabbit closer to Kane.

   "Thanks!" Kane replied, taking a bite from the rabbit. Grateful for the meal. "Thanks for taking care of me, Breeze."

   "No problem! Now eat up!" Breeze responded, starting to eat the birds. After a meal and some chatting, Kane fell asleep while Breeze kept watch.

    At the Setting Moon territory, Hera had been helping the pack, helping the mother wolves with their pups. She always loved pups, from their adorable little features to their innocent personalities. Each pup was special. Each little wolf was full of potential, all had a unique personality or feature, but all of the little pups were precious. Not just to their mother, but to the whole pack. The little pups were the future of the pack.

    Hera soon finished helping with the pups and went to look for Luna, wondering where her best friend was. She soon found Luna by herself just a little out of camp, Hera starting to wonder what she was doing alone.

    "Hey Luna!" Hera exclaimed dashing over to Luna, smiling. She was happy to see her best friend after a long and busy day. "What are you doing alone?"

   "Hi Hera!" Luna replied, smiling a little. "It's nothing, I just needed some time alone." Hera looked at her best friend, seeing sadness in her eyes. What could be the problem? Did something happen? Did Hera do anything wrong.

   "Oh ok. If you ever feel down, just tell me Luna. I'm always here for you." Hera told the other fae. The two females returned to camp, their fellow pack members going on with their day. They went to Hera's den, deciding to have a little chat which soon ended in Luna leaving. Hera said goodbye and went deeper into her den. She was still sad really, sad about Kane. She had never stopped wondering if he was ok, if he was dead or not. It was a thought that had never left her. She whimpered, ears pinned to the back of her head. Hera lie down, looking up at the sky as usual. It was now orange, the sun setting. It was a mix of colors, a beautiful canvas of colors. It made her remember the time Kane had shown her a beautiful spot to see the amazing sky. It made her feel even sad. She missed Kane, yet she could not accept the feelings that she felt. Even thinking of him made her heart pound, the more she thought of it the sadder she got. She needed to fulfill her duty as daughter of the alpha, she couldn't let silly little feelings get the best of her. It was best to forget him, she told herself that all the time. Yet, her brain told her to forget, but her heart continued to threaten to take over. Hera did her best, trying not to let her feelings take over, it was poisoning her brain. She sighed, what could she do? She decided to think of Falcon. He was nice, very caring as well. Falcon was also good looking, but she never felt the feelings she had when she was around Kane. She couldn't even make herself feel the same way for Falcon. It just wasn't possible at all. Hera's ears unflattened, she didn't know what to do anymore. She would just have to wait to know what would happen. Little did Hera, Kane, or anyone know, that a force much stronger than any wolf was coming. Something that would change the fate of the wolves forever.