Chapter 9

Then next day, Kane had the strong urge to see Hera. He had found a rose near his den that reminded him of Hera's beauty. I have to see her, I just know it! Even if it means seeing her for the last time! Kane ran and ran, towards Hera's pack territory. Quietly panting, just to insure he does not get caught, Kane peeked through a bush, looking for Hera. He caught a look of her and he quickly became silent when he noticed a wolf coming towards him. The wolf sniffed the ground and air, inching closer to Kane every minute. Kane's heart pounded fiercely, it could almost jump out of his chest. The next thing Kane knew, the wolf was right in front of his bush. The wolf looked at him, staring intently at the bush. Kane was in panic, panic rushed through his body, telling, screaming at him to run. Kane refused and waited.

As if it felt like forever, the wolf walked away. Hera walked away and left his sight. Kane left the safety of his bush and followed Hera.

"Hera!" Kane whispered yelled just to make sure no one else heard him but Hera. Hera turned around and looked at him, looking a bit surprised.

"What are you doing here!" Hera told him, a bit angry but she secretly felt happiness in her.

"I have something for you." Kane said, ignoring her question. He dropped the rose at Hera's feet and took a step back. Hera stared at it and felt a warm happy feeling inside of her.

"Thank you." Hera said quietly. Kane smiles at her when suddenly they heard a long, bone-chilling howl. The two wolves looked behind them and they heard the running sounds of other wolves. They soon arrived and they were led by Hera's father.

"The intruder has returned!" Hera's father said. "He even tried to harm my daughter! Get him!"  The others suddenly lurched towards Kane trying to grab him. Without any delay, Kane ran, away from the wolves. He ran as fast as his legs could take him before he had to stop. Just in time, Kane came to stop or he would fall to his doom. A cliff, no where for Kane to run or hide. They would soon catch him. The wolves arrived and they all growled at him. Teeth snapping, saliva dripping from their mouths, just terrifying. Kane stepped back, the floor beneath him crumbled. Then a crack, and Kane looked down, he was falling.

Kane was going to fall. He was going to go into the slumber that no one ever woke up from. The everything went pitch black.