My Order Is A Date With You

It was a slow day for Luna Valente. Normally, it's a lot busier in Jam & Roller but today was an exception. It was a normal day, at least that's what she thought because she had no idea that the next person who would walk in the cafeteria would make her day a little weird and also a little bit awkward.

She has been working here for a few months now and she knew every regular customer of this place. Except for this attractive, brown-eyed guy that is just one year older than her. It wasn't his first time here but she has never taken his order before which was actually really weird.

Matteo walked in the cafeteria to get his usual drink and go to the rink afterwards. Ever since the girl with the green eyes started to work here, he has asked numerous not to have taken his order by her. He tried to avoid her as much as possible. He found her attractive and has been admiring her from a distance. He thought that she was really cute and he loved that she always had a smile on her face, even when she felt a little down. He has heard a lot of stories from his friend about this girl. To him, she sounded amazing. He has seen her sing and skate and he loved the energy she had in her. It seemed like she never gets tired. Plus, she looks really cute. Whenever he observes her, he gets this feeling inside his stomach, he had no idea how he could feel this way. He has never felt this before and besides they have never officially met.

The reason why he didn't want her to be his waitress was that he had no idea how he would react when she would look in his eyes. Chances were that he was going to rant and he didn't want that. But today, there was no one else to take his order at work. The manager sent a few people home because there was barely anyone today. He didn't like this at all. But he had no way to escape so he hoped that everything would be okay.

At that moment, she approached him: "Can I take your order?" he asks with a smile that could light up the whole world.

"Sure." He answered her as he looked at the menu, even though he knew what he wanted to drink. He was thinking about flirting with her but he was very hesitant about it.

"So what do you want an order?" She said after a few minutes of silence, she still had that blinding smile on her face.

"You." He said it without thinking. He was slightly surprised by what he just said but decided to wait for her reaction. He tried to read her face but he all he could make out of her expression was her cheeks turning red. Now, she looked even more beautiful to him and that blush made her cuter as well, he thought by himself.

"When I asked you what you wanted to order, you said "you" and now I'm kinda blushing?? And you look mildly horrified?" she answered his comment.

He didn't know what face he was making but what he could think of was that his staring at her looked like an expression of being horrified.

He had no idea what to say. It took him a few moments to think of something to say but once again his heart was faster than his head and he said: "Well, you look really cute with that apron you're wearing and I've been observing from a distance for a while now and I would really like to take you on a date." he had no idea what came over him, this wasn't him. He couldn't explain why he was taking the way he was around her. He was scared of this happening and he's feeling a little ashamed now.

When he looked at her again to see what she might answer but the only thing he could see was that her cheeks got redder after his comment. He hoped this was a good sign but he didn't count on it.

"I don't really know you and you're really forward and maybe a little creepy and I'm endeared so yes, I'll go out on a date with you." She said decisively she was smiling from ear to ear now.

"Really? You want to go out with me?" he definitely didn't expect this answer.

"Sure, why not? I like a guy that is forward and you seem very interesting." She told him casually.

"Okay, then. How about tomorrow, here, after your shift maybe?" he got excited. He couldn't wait to get to know this beautiful girl.

"Okay, at 8 then. My name is Luna by the way." She smiled and reached out her hand for him to shake it.

"I'm Matteo." He didn't shake her hand. Instead he let his impulses take control over him and gave her a hug. He was really happy.

From then on, he knew he wanted more dates than just this one and he hoped that she wants the same. He was already impatient and waiting for tomorrow and he knew that tonight all he would think about is Luna and their date tomorrow night.