Desperation Makes For Desperate Measures

It was already pretty late and Luna was walking around in the park to find buyers for the popcorn she was selling. She was selling this to raise money to save one of her all-time favorite places Jam & Roller. The place had some money trouble. But apparently her popcorn didn't taste good at all and she barely sold any. She tried and tried but she couldn't get more people to buy. She was getting desperate.

She asked everyone she saw along the way to buy some, even for a very cheap prize but even that didn't help. She had to sell and earn money because there's no way she will let her favorite skating rink go bankrupt.

Then she saw a guy sitting on one of the benches at the park, he was playing on his guitar. It seemed to her that he was writing a song. Maybe she'll have more success with him so she walked over to him and asked: "Would you like to buy some popcorn?" she put on of her sweetest smiles to convince him.

"I'm sorry but no thanks. I'm not really hungry right now." He told her with his sweetest tone.

"Look, I know that you've probably heard that this popcorn doesn't taste good at all because I've hear people talk about it but can you please help me out? I'm trying to raise money to save a skating rink I really love." She went to begging now.

He seemed to hesitate for a second but still decided to say no and he shook his head.

"I'll do anything if you buy my popcorn..." she thought of something that would be worth his while and then she came up with a great idea. "I'll give you a kiss if you buy my popcorn." She raised her eyebrow suggestively. She definitely wouldn't mind to kiss that very attractive guy and she was very desperate.

"You're offering to give me a kiss if I buy your shitty fundraiser popcorn? Well, in that case..." he suddenly had a bright smirk on his face and raised his eyebrows.

She would probably regret this but as she said before, she was desperate.

He stood up and put his guitar down. "How much is it?"

She got distracted because he had gotten really close to her and she could feel his breath on her face. She could even smell him perfectly. He had some expensive perfume on that she had smelled before with Nina's boyfriend. She knew it was expensive because Gastón was from a rich family, he always had expensive stuff.

"It's 5 dollars for a bag of popcorn." She tried not to focus on his breathing.

"There you go." He hands her a bill of 10 dollars as he didn't look away from her.

She looked at it and made an attempt to give him 5 dollars back but he stopped her by putting a hand on her arm. "Keep the change. I think you'll need all the money you can get." He gave her a faint smile.

"Thank you so much." Was all she could say. He was standing so close that they were almost touching without any attempt to do so.

She leaned in to give him a quick kiss on the lips, she wanted it to be over with it. She wanted to be away from him as fast as she can because she was starting to feel a little uncomfortable.

He stopped her the second before their lips were about to touch. He did this by putting a hand on her lips.

"You don't have to kiss me if you don't want to." He told her because he noticed that she looked very scared.

"But I promised you." She tried.

"It's fine, don't worry. I don't want to obligate you to do something you don't want to do." He said and he sounded a little disappointed.

"I'm sorry but it's just weird to kiss a guy I've never met before." She felt bad for making him sad.

"Well, maybe we can get to know each other a little better." A smile reappeared in his face.

"What do you mean?" she frowned, she had no idea what was going to come next.

"Go out with me and then we can really get to know each other." He had a spark of hope in his eyes.

"Okay, sure." She agreed without hesitating. Although it was a little weird to agree to go on a date with someone she just met a couple of minutes ago. But she just went with it.

He had a bright and sincere smile on his face now: "Is Saturday okay for you?"

"Yes, I'll see you Saturday." She smiled back at him.

"Maybe we can have our date at the skating rink you're trying to save. I'd really like to see it sometime."

"Okay, meet me there at 2 o'clock?"

"Sure, it's a date then." They smiled at each other and they both went their separate ways until Saturday and they both couldn't wait for that day to come.