Two: This is the legendary fire bird...

AMARYLLIS' POV:

The Phoenix perched happily on the side of the nest as it watched over the three eggs. When I looked at it, something told me it was a male. But the question then would be, where is the mother?

Orodon, as if reading my mind, spoke. "The mother Phoenix leaves her eggs with the male. She doesn't raise them unlike many people's belief. Instead, the father generally stays to raise the chicks." I knew it was a boy!

That's when a crack filled the air. Orodon immediately shut up, turning towards the eggs and slowly edging his way over.

For some reason, my body walked towards the shaking silvery white egg. I was telling my body, screaming to not go over and disturb them but some stupid fairy body didn't listen! 

Possessed, I reached out and picked up the medium sized egg and held it against my chest. Orodon looked towards the calm father in fear and shock.

I looked down at the egg, slowly petting it--still possessed of course.

~~*~~

ORODON'S POV:

What the hell was this little girl doing?! Did she not understand the absolute possessiveness of Phoenixes over their eggs? Even I couldn't get too close to the egg without Ardens explicit permission and overviewing and I've known him for over a century!

But now, this little fairy just walked up and picked up the most precious egg in millenniums! 

I looked towards Ardens with fear. If she died, who knows what the fairy community would do to hunt me down and find her! There's also probably some group of male (and female) admirers who surround her. They would probably hunt me till I die or they die!

Ardens look shocked me.

He wasn't panicking or raging one bit, there was no aggressive display coming from the protective father bird. Instead, his flaming feathers were even quelled more than usual as he stared calmly and with love towards the fairy and his little egg. He also made no sign of movement.

I shovelled through my memories to see if I had ever read anything like this. No... Even the Fairy Queen herself would still be carefully supervised if she handled the egg. So what is this little girl? She's more powerful than the Fairy Queen herself...

That's when something popped into my mind and I froze in shock.

She was the next successor to the throne of two kingdoms! A very loved existence who was more powerful than all her ancestors, believed to be the most blessed on the face of the earth and even throughout history! So loved and powerful that even the most arrogant beasts appeared from their homes to give their blessings at their first awakening as a fairy!

She was Amaryllis Fleur de Kusteza!

I had always thought the beasts had exaggerated when they talked about her... It just wasn't normal for someone to be like that! No wonder since her arrival the creatures have calmed down much more than previous times.

Out of all the people that appeared on my doorstep--she was the one that did. Was this considered lucky or unfortunate? I had no idea. But currently all I really knew was that she would help bring many of the fidgety animals to peace.

A loud cracking noise interrupted my thoughts.

I speedily turned towards the fairy with the small silvery white egg in her arms that now had a large crack running along it. And no, I didn't miss the look in Ardens eye as he saw his egg start to hatch.

Soon enough, a tweet filled the air and the top half of the egg lifted away from the bottom. From the little crack were white, flaming feathers. I was honestly quite surprised that Amaryllis still held the egg comfortably, no visible sign of discomfort from the heat.

 I heard a quiet and very cute giggle by the fairy herself before she lifted a delicate hand to carefully remove the upper-half of the egg.

Shock entered my entire being when I saw the baby Phoenix.

It... It looked like a newborn chick! The only different was the white feathers with an occasional gold one! Aren't the Phoenixes proud beasts who are born stunning and not like this little fat thing?!

I feel very disappointed.

Ardens swooped closer to the girl and his chick but the little fatso just stared up at the fairy holding him with love and adoration. 

"Chirp~"

Did... Did it really just call her that?! 

Oh no... I forgot! Phoenixes are one of the birds that heavily imprint on the first thing they see. If the first thing they saw was a human, that person would be considered its mother! How could I forget such crucial information!

Ardens seemed very upset by the fact that the little chick ignored him and left its full attention on the fairy. If she wasn't as powerful as they believe she is nor respected as she is, he certainly would've attempted to burn her to death with the legendary Phoenix flames.

Now that battle would be a sight to see.

With another chirp, the fat chick spread out its thick, small wings and slowly flapped upwards.

I swear there were beads of sweat running down its sparkly feathers.

Eventually, he seemed to reach its destination--Amaryllis' head.

The girl in question's smile suddenly turned to a frown. Her eyes went from absolute love and happiness to a much darker, unhappy look.

"Excuse me father Phoenix, could you please get rid of your chick who is quite literally nesting on my head?"

Ardens let out as line of angry squawks and she seemed to understand exactly what he was saying.

"I'M ITS MOTHER NOW? HELL NO, THAT AIN'T HAPPENING!"

She reached upwards with lightning-quick speed and attempted to pull the fat baby off her head but the little bugger refused to let go.

Instead, he chirped constantly--as if whining--while gripping tighter onto her hair. Amaryllis' face twisted up in pain at the sensation of getting her hair ripped out by a chick. This battle lasted a while before she finally gave up on getting rid of the little bird.

You could see she didn't want to hurt it because if she did want to, I'm afraid that Phoenix wouldn't have still been smugly sitting atop her head and nestling even further inside her blonde locks.

~~*~~

Sorry this took a while to get out, I had about half of it written straight after chapter uno was published but I wasn't 100% on what to write for the rest of it.

Anyway, this is what came out.