Hanging Out with My family

I sat in front of the computer, typing. Not a story but an email. I wanted to talk to a guy I hadn't talked to in a long time. My old friend, Loke. Loke was really close friends with Tyler, and they hung out a lot. He was the toughest guy alive, and the first and only time I saw him cry was at Ty's funeral. And after that, I never saw him again. I heard that he got himself a girlfriend at last, a serious one. He was that guy who was so very flaky. I punched him in the face more than once as revenge for my friends. I sighed, finishing the email. It felt so much better to confide in someone about it. I barely felt upset any more. I just felt like a weight was lifted off my chest. After that, I hit send, and smiled. I was in no mood to write anything, so I stood up and slung my bag over my shoulder, ready to leave. Only to be stopped by Kim, Duncan and Hannah.

"Where are you going?" Hannah asked. I turned to face them, smiling.

"Home. I'm bored and tired I didn't get much sleep yesterday. I just wanna go home, collapse on the couch with a cat on my lap and sleep." I said, making to leave. The three of them followed me.

"Well I'm bored. Let's go to your place for lunch!" Duncan said, and I could see his excitement. And which bastard says no to Kim's silent pleading face.

"Oh that'd be very nice. We can go Cooking with Duncan part 2. Everyone loved it, though it was from long ago." I said, as we walked out of the office building. We walked no more than three steps away from the building when two girls approached them for an autograph. I assumed they didn't know me, so I kept walking. I didn't like the whole world to know my face actually. But Duncan grabbed me by the hood and pulled me back, holding me in place by the shoulder.

"You recognise her don't you. This is Kyoko, our guide from YogCon Singapore." He said, and the girls giggled. Kim smiled.

"Yeah if you watched either one of our video blogs you'd see her in them. She was in them." I had never wanted to bury myself in a hole more than I did that moment. The two girls however, obviously didn't recognise me. Which shows that they didn't watch the videos of us at YogCon. I read a few comments, and some of them were about me. One said 'Wow how old is your Guide, she's even smaller than Kim.' Well yeah I am aware of that, and another said 'Is she a new member?' Kind of. Maybe. It's classified. 'Is she the one in the new Galaticraft video?' Yup. I was. I didn't read further than those. Oh, but after I edited the video I took the other day with Kim and uploaded it, half of the the Yogscast had liked and shared it. And commented. It was so surreal.

We reached my house with not really any major issues. I plopped my bag down on the couch, and sank into the couch. Karu was just sitting on my coffee table, looking at me. Then he yawned. I yawned too. Damn I was tired. But then again...

"You guys..." I mutter as I get up and walked into the kitchen to find some ingredients.

"What do you guys want for lunch?" I ask, all three of them were standing in my kitchen. Kim peeked into my refrigerator.

"I spy noodles." She said, and I rolled my eyes.

"Not enough for four. I got pasta though." I say, pulling out the unopened box of spaghetti. Hannah shrugged. Duncan raised his hand.

"Can I make the sauce?" He asked, and I laughed.

"Course you can, but on one condition : I cook as well." I said. Duncan gave a thumbs-up, and grinned. I wondered if we should take a video, but it seemed that Hannah and Kim were already on top of that. They had their cameras out, ready to flim. I rolled my eyes as I pulled out the basic ingredients. Duncan rubbed his hands together, excited. He wasn't kidding when he said he enjoyed cooking. Hannah and Kim started fliming as I threw on my apron. I smiled at the camera, as they turned it to Duncan.

"Hello, and this is Cooking with Duncan Part 2!" I said, and Duncan laughed.

"Well kind of. Today we are at the house of Kyoko, our newest member and good friend. Kyoko would you like to introduce yourself?"

"Well, I appeared in a few of your videos, namely Galaticraft and the YogCon Singapore video blog." I began, and Kim giggled.

"Almost too many of the comments in that episode consisted of 'My god who is that?'" She giggled, and I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah well, I also run my own YouTube channel called KEYCrew where in each episode my friends and I run around building the most random crap ever. I also collaborated with Kim in one episode. I am also a writer, as you may know from the YogCon Singapore video blogs."

"Totally know. Lewis annoyed the crap out of us about your books."

"Oh come on Hannah I'm not that good. And also, I am 19 years old." I finished, laughing. Duncan smirked.

"Anyway, today we are gonna make lunch for all three of us it's a very simple lunch, just some spaghetti but we are going to make the sauce from scratch. Now Kyoko, do you have a particular recipe you like or enjoy or something...?" He asked, and I shrugged. Canned stuff. I live on it. But sometimes... I liked to make stuff right then.

"My personal favourite recipe is one I used very long ago when I was twelve for a home economics assessment and the reason why I remember it so well is because I was the youngest in the room, and everyone was all 'Nono let us cut the fish for you' and never let me hold the knife because they were all older than me and I remember being so upset because they were all only a year older than me. This particular recipe is the Smoked Salmon Cream sauce, my favourite kind. Cream sauces are awesome." I said, and Duncan laughed. I smiled. So there we were, a happy family. Kim was my sister, Duncan a little like a brother, and Hannah our watchful mother. In the end... Perhaps I belonged somewhere. Perhaps in the end, all I had to do was open my heart to my new family...

A/N And this is the final chapter, the closure... ProbablyXD

-Kyoko OUT-