It's Safe Right Here In My Arms

A/N This is set about a year later, where Kyoko is 22 years old. I thought I would just do a simple fun story, so enjoy!

"Okay, one, two, three GO!" The sound of intense drumming filled the air, as Echo tried her best to focus, the loud noises blocking her mind. And suddenly, a beat went out of step and the music stopped.

"Sorry." She mumbled, as Haru patted her back.

"It's okay. I say it's time for a break. HD, save game, take five." He said, sitting down. Winnie grabbed a bottle of water and took a long gulp from it. Por pulled out his cellphone to take a selfie. Gen opened a packet of Potato chips. How relaxed they were, at three o'clock that Sunday, the rain beating down hard on the world. Echo sighed, practicing her drumming as softly as she could. But then she stopped, her energy lost. There was a long pause, an unusual silence filled the air.

"Don't you miss the days where Kyoko would just bust into the practice studio shouting 'Waffles!' and listening in? You know, back at the old place in Chinese Garden?" Por said randomly, describing what every person in the room was thinking about that moment. Echo sighed.

"God, she was the most annoying thing ever. I remember that she was really sensitive to noise too. Funny how she let us have this place." She said, laughing humourlessly. Then silence, and a collective sigh.

"What the hell happened to those days..." Winnie mumbled to herself, sinking into a chair. Suddenly, a knock on the door, and Yumi walked in with a wide grin.

"Echo, you have spectators." She said, stepping aside to reveal an unexpected person.

"Kyoko!" Echo cried out as she ran to hug her friend. Who had also gotten a new haircut.

"Oh my gosh, when did you get back, when did you cut your hair it's so short now and it looks cool by the way, what-"

"Slow down Echo! I just got off the plane! To answer your question about the hair, I got it cut last week, Kaeyi said it would suit me, so I gave it a try." Kyoko laughed. Her hair was now very much shorter, except for two lengths of hair on the sides, which she dyed blue at the tips. The rest of her hair had been dyed jet-black, making her look very different from before. Echo stared at it in admiration, and then Kyoko grinned mysteriously.

"It isn't just me who's here though."

"Huh?" Echo paused for a moment, as Yumi opened the door even wider. First, the familiar faces of Area 11. Then, more people. Nearly the entire Yogscast turned up, even Martyn and Kaeyi were there. Echo might have passed out. They had a good time, just rocking out. The resulting group photo was chaotic. However, Joakim had something to announce.

"Guys... I published my first book."

A long pause ensued. Kyoko nearly facepalmed, it took Joakim an entire year just to say it. But she kept her face as straight as she possibly could, and then suddenly a collective shout.

"Wait, what?!"

"When?" Lewis asked, nearly yelled. Joakim seemed unaffected. Or at least, he did not quite look it.

"Last month. I'm only saying it now because I managed to get myself into a book fair, so now I have to make a speech. If you guys want to turn up you can but... It's in Stockhol-"

"I'm going!" Kyoko said, cutting right through his sentence. Kim stood next to her and rose her hand.

"Me too!" She said, and then Hannah nodded, and Kaeyi grinned. It seemed apparent to all the people in the the room that the Yogscast had agreed on flying to Stockholm to support their friend. Joakim seemed uncomfortable, but Kyoko could tell that her friend was overjoyed. Hard Decision whooped, and Por played a celebratory Improvised guitar solo. To celebrate, they went to Kyoko's café where she served them all piping hot coffee - or tea - on the house. Along with a whole cheesecake. Who cares, she's rich.