Never Give Up

A/N Heck yeah 1K reads! Thanks so much everybody! You're awesome!

-Kyoko OUT-

♤Kim♤

Joakim went back to Sweden a while ago, and Kyo's now back at home. But she's taken a long leave from work and video producing, even though both Echo and Yumi have been managing KEYCrew for her. The whole episode was insane, and we were still a little shaken. But with her back, we can finally record properly. Our morale has been shaky for the past few months, but we can carry on now. Speaking of which, Kyoko's birthday is in about a month. It's funny to realise she had been stuck in the hospital for about eight months, and she only moved in for two months before the entire heart disease episode. It was insane.

November the Third Kim, remember, November the Third.

○●○●○●○

I just spent thirteen hours sleeping, and the rest of the eleven hours of the day was spent eating. God, am I becoming a hermit? But I was hungry and exhausted, being stuck in the hospital was no joke. I was there for months on the end. So as I binged on Pizza and noodles, I was also busy writing letters back to the people who sent me things.

I should make a vlog video.

... Nah.

I continued to write, and write, and just kept writing until something caught my eye, and I stopped. I picked up the letter and held it close to my eyes, in case I saw it wrongly. But I was not wrong.

The letter read as follows :

Dear Kyoko from KEYCrew,

Hi. My name is Alyssa. I'm fifteen. I just wanted to say that you guys are the bomb. You guys are awesome, but I guess you hear that a lot. I'm sorry, I can't be original. I'm trying my best.

I have huge confidence issues, and I'm struggling to make myself feel better. But on your collaboration with Kim video, I realised you have been through so much, and I think you are the best person ever. Thanks. You made me feel like I wasn't alone.

I'm a huge fan.

Love, Alyssa.

"Oh. My. God. COMPUTER I NEED MY COMPUTER RIGHT NOW." I scrambled to my office and nearly slammed my fist into the power button. I rapped my fingers on the wooden desk, and the second it turned on I clicked the shortcut.

Skype.

I found the contact I wanted, and spammed the "Call" button.

"Please pick up please pick up please pick up ple-"

"Kyoko? Why are you calling me now?"

"Oh my god thank goodness you answered. Joakim, I need your help."

○●○●○

"Dude. I'm in Sweden."

"Just mail it over or something! Help me out here!"

"... So you literally want me to dig through a mile-tall pile of fan mail and cards, to find one particular letter, and mail it to you?"

"Yep."

"You're mad." Joakim's look of exasperation was priceless, but I was adamant. It took nearly fourty-five minutes, but I convinced him. He sighed.

"Fine. Just let me dig through and I'd mail it over to you when I find it. God this better be worth it."

"I'd get some tim tams over."

"Whoa really? Hell yes!"

○●○●○

I continued to stare at the letter, my heart and mind racing. Memories that flooded my mind. When I wrote my first fan letter. Guess to who.

Joakim.

It took me a while to explain everything to Joakim, it was about five years since I sent that letter to him. He could barely remember it. But he recalled it eventually. It surprised me that Joakim really kept every single letter he ever got.

He is so secretly sweet.

Now that I think about it again, I should have said that he owed me one for keeping his writing thing a secret. What a wasted opportunity.

But when I saw that letter from a fan I felt a great connection with her, I struggled with similar issues prior to and during my mourning period. Confidence problems. Anxiety. Depression.

I remember the day Tyler walked in on me changing. I think he would have too... I mean, that was the day I admitted to him about my problems. About that fact that I was so self conscious. I was so socially anxious about myself and everything. That I was being bullied, that I was so confused. That I was always eating because I was trying to not look like a skinny stick 24/7. And this girl - Alyssa - wrote exactly the same thing I wrote when I sent my first letter to Joakim. Funny how life does that.

●○●○●○●

Joakim Skyped again. He says he found it and he can get it to me. But he also said that if I didn't get the Tim Tams over he would kill me.

●○●○●○●

"Alright, time to get this letter photocopied and done. Man... It's been so long." I said out loud, pressing the button of the home photocopier. Then I sat down to write.

"Dear Alyssa,

Hello! Thank you for your letter, it was a fantastic thing to wake up to. I believe you know enough of my story for me to encourage you to push on, so here goes :

When I was young I wrote a letter to Rythian, Joakim Hellstrand. And while that letter never got a reply, I said nearly the same thing you have told me. Maybe that's how the world works. That's how life swings. But in all seriousness, I was surprised. I couldn't believe I saw that, I had to ask Joakim to mail that letter back to me the moment I saw yours just to make sure. Here, I photocopied it for you as proof that I was the same.

I want to tell you that you're beautiful. I don't know how you look like or who you are, but I want to tell you that you are beautiful. You are cute. You are wonderful. And I want you to believe in yourself. Confidence is the best make up a girl can wear. And I am sure you would find it soon.

It's not going to be an easy journey, trust me on that. But it would definitely be one worth taking.

Never Give Up.

I wish you best of luck.

Love, Kyoko"