ZEPHYR StEEL

"Today class, we are going to do self defense." My p.e coach said holding a clip board. He had on a navy blue hat with black running pants a jacket and a silver whistle hung around his sun burnt neck. I groaned in warily and yawned quietly.

Damn I'm still tired from last night. Stupid jack ass talked way too much.

I looked around and saw every one acting tough. I rolled my eyes from where I sat my back against the wall from the bleachers. I was tired of this and I still have three years to go of this bullshit.

"First off is Ryan Bugois and Matt Young." He read from his paper. I watched as my peers stepped to the blue mats. One boy, Ryan was a wrestler. He was huge with his burly stature and golden locks, while the other brown haired boy, Matt was smaller but wasn't completely weak.

"I want a clean fight. No punching. Only taps." I rolled my eyes as coach read out the rules. I just sat reading my book uninterested on what we had to do.

"Very good. Next Zephyr Steel and Melissa Ross." I looked up when I heard my name. I saw every one turn to me as I got up. Unlike my fellow feminine classmates I was in a black cotton shirt and grey sweatpants and my boxing shoes. My black hair with red dyed tips pulled back in a bun.

Every one had gotten quiet when they heard my name be called. Everyone knew better than to say something.

I was the loner of the school. I sat alone I had no friends I spoke to no one because they were all too scared. For good reason.

Sighing I closed my book and stood up and walked to the mat. It was so quiet that all you heard was the smack my shoes made on the glossy wooden basketball court floor. When I finally made it to the center I saw my apponent. She had long blond hair in a ponytail. She was stick thin and had a fake tan. Her blue eyes scrutinized me and I just met her eyes with my calm violet ones. She didn't intimidate me one bit. It was her 100 pounds against my 140. I wasn't fat but I was build with muscle. Weight doesn't matter it is just a number it's how you hold your self.

"Bring it freak." She said in her high pitched voice. I just shrugged meeting her half way to the mat. I turned to our coach who looked worried.

I mean I was the girl who had punched a senior who had tried to bully me the first day of freshman year last year. No one knew how I would react which made me dangerous. DR made it clear that I wasn't to kill any students. But I could push them around a bit.

"The rule is who can tap out after ten seconds. No punching only taps." He said. I took a quick look at my class to see all the boys were watching me, especially one boy, he had brown hair and looked genially worried. He was cute but you could tell he wasn't the strongest of them all out there. His brown eyes met my own and for some reason the word Bambi popped into my brain. I guess he did look like Bambi he was so cute. I did how ever notice by his collar, his neck was bruised. I wonder how that happened? No- I don't care why would I? I had no room for feelings or emotional thoughts.

My thoughts were shattered when I heard the sharp sound of the whistle pierce my ears. I turned in time to see Melissa come at me. I easily side stepped her and tapped her back. She slid her foot in front of mine to trip me but I hopped ofer. With a growl of frustration she swiped heeled yellow but I ducked and shot out hand to tap her ribs. She grunted, not from pain but from the force of it. She stumbled a bit but recovered. She glared at me through hateful eyes and came at me again.

Again I side stepped her and tapped her. I rolled my eyes at her sloppy foot works. Growing tired and bored I deflected a tap coming close hooked a foot around her ankle and pulled my foot causing her to loose her balance and fall. But I stayed standing before she could get up I knelt down putting a firm hand on her chest and no matter how hard she tried. She couldn't escape. She lashed out with her hands her nails digging into my arm but I felt nothing. I looked around and the class began to count down.