Chapter 8

Ch. 8

"Come on, Bambi, it's been a week. It's time to go back to school." I yelled from the kitchen where I was cooking, or attempting to cook, bacon. Fang was sitting next to me watching me with his wolf eyes.

"What are you looking at?" I asked when I tried to flip the strip of sizzling meat.

"Bambi I swear to god, don't make me go over there and whoop your ass! We've got to go!" I called again then hissed when a spark of oil sizzled on my skin making me pull back. I bit back a curse and glowered at the pan. I never cook! Do I look like a fucking house wife to you. No. No I'm not. For heaven sakes, I kill people for a living! Do I look like I could cook? No. The fanciest meal I can make is macaroni and cheese, and it comes from a box!

Fang grunted, and it sounded suspiciously like a laugh. I glowered at my dog in suspicion but he just stared back with his wolf eyes.

"what ever, I'm still the alpha female around here." I muttered then shook out my tongue at him, and I swear to god, I think I saw him roll his eyes.

I picked up the pan to try and stir it again but sizzling oil spat at me again.

"Son of a bitch!" I picked it up and slammed it on the gas burner and I twisted the cap off.

"Woah! What's going on?" I turned to see bambi walk in, he had a towel wrapped around his hips and his hair was dripping water and beads of water dripped down his exposed chest. It's not the first time I saw him with out a shirt, hello I saw him naked! But it still left me breathless every time. All the bruises have faded and a couple of his scratches had slowly turned into scars, but some of the deeper ones still remained, scabbed over.

"Nothing. Why aren't you dressed yet?" I asked angrily, still glaring at the evil stove that dared to defy me.

"Well I was, but you decided to fight the stove. I'm guessing you got burned, let me see." He said motioning for my hands. Rolling my eyes I let him grab them in his soft palms.

"Come on, let's go put some anti burn cream." I laughed at that.

"It's alright, Bambi, I'm a big girl, I'll survive. Now, go get ready." I said pulling my hands away gently and pushing him back to the bathroom. When he was gone I stared in horror at the kitchen. I carefully cleaned up the mess then threw the crisp bacon strips, that were burnt beyond repair, to fang who gobbled them up.

I sighed then headed to my room to get ready. I simply dragged on some black sweat pants and a random black band tee then tied my black and red hair into a messy bun. I grabbed my back pack and the one I had just brought for Bambi. Considering what happened at his house, the only thing we packed were necessities, so I had bought one for him and everything that he would name, along with a few extra items, some maybe not entirely legal, but hey, what I do isn't legal, so basically, rules don't apply to me, and if any one has a problem, they can take it up with me, personally.

I re checked my bag one more time. I had a glock 23 hand gun, military knife, some bandages, a bottle of mace, some rope, a grenade or two, some bandages, a sewing kit and a bunch of bullets. And water along with a pen and a note book. I'm still a student after all.

On my person, on my waist under my jacket I had another hand gun. In my cleavage I had another military knife made of black titanium and has a wicked sharp point and one side has ridges. In my hair I had hidden tiny, almost as small as chopsticks, daggers that have a poisonous tip. In the boots I slipped on I also had a couple of more tricks. But let's not spoil all the fun, shall we.

I walk out to see Bambi standing there with two bags in his hand and it smells amazing. I frowned and handed him the black and blue back pack and it was his turn to frown.