chapter five

The Dumbledore's Army Meetingword count: 3106

word count: 3106

A few short days later, Arden was let out of the hospital wing. The scars on her face were completely invisible, except for a small gash right through her left brow.  Arden sighed as she walked through the Hogwarts corridors with her Potions book clutched to her chest. Alongside her, Lena, read aloud from their Defense Against the Dark Arts text book, frequently making sly comments about being unable to perform magic in class.

"I know Harry definitely has the biggest issue with that," Arden sighed. "I personally don't mind not doing magic since it means I won't embarrass myself in front of the whole class."

"Well you can't get better at magic without practicing," Lena chimed. "It's stupid. We go to a magic school and can't do magic!"

Arden shrugged, "Harry was actually planning a meet up to talk about that in Hogsmeade after classes; you should come with me."

Lena's whole face lit up at the thought. Arden suspected that maybe Lena had a small crush on Harry for how much she had admired him, much like Ginny when she was younger. Although Arden didn't feel threatened, she knew that Lena was too kind of a soul to do anything to hurt Arden and Harry.

"Really? Are you sure? Because I mean I wasn't invited and I don't want to-"

Arden laughed at Lena's giddiness, "well I'm inviting you. Besides you deserve to be there much more than me anyway with how passionate you are about this whole thing." Lena grinned at Arden and forced her into a tight embrace. Arden coughed as Lena practically squeezed the life out of her, before taking a deep breath after she let go.

"Well come on! Lets get to class so this day can go by quicker!" Lena chirped. She linked her arm with Arden's and walked towards Potions with a little more spring in her step.

The two Hufflepuff girls took their seat at their desk in Potions at the very front. While Lena continued to rave on about her distaste for Dolores Umbridge, as well as her distaste for many other things at Hogwarts like the house separation, Arden found herself zoning out as she watched Draco enter the classroom. 

He swaggered through the classroom as if he owned the place. His white button up shirt was untucked and his tie sat loosely tied around his neck. Clearly he was either too lazy or too cool to follow the dress code; Arden guessed it was probably both. Something about it though made her feel unusual, her cheeks began to heat up as the two accidentally made eye contact. Arden quickly looked away, wide eyed and embarrassed for being caught, while Draco had a sly smile on his face for making the popular girl blush.