CHAPTER 4 | Warmth

<Author's P.O.V >

"Jungkook..." You whispered softly as you entered his room. "Are you feeling any better?"

Jungkook shook his head, his eyes tightly closed.

"Do you need anything else?" You asked, worried.

Jungkook hesitated for a bit and ruffled his hair in frustration. "Just...stay with me." He mumbled.

Your eyes widened at his answer. 

"P-Pardon?" You asked, not believing your own ears. 

Jungkook let out a soft chuckle and covered his tired eyes with his hand. 

"Lie down next to me." He said.

"No Jungkook, I-"

"I promise I am not dirty-minded." He mumbled, rolling his eyes.

You hesitated, but as soon as you saw Jungkook's reassuring eyes, you decided to trust him and do what he asked you to do. 

You silently walked to his bed and lied down beside him, making sure to leave an enough space between you two. You didn't dare face him, in case it would make the situation more awkward. 

Why is he doing this, you thought, not realizing that a pair of arms wrapped your waist from behind.

"Jungkook-" You whispered, cheeks flushing. 

"...I am sorry Y/N." He whispered, running his soft but manly fingers through your hair. "I am sorry for breaking the promise yesterday, I am sorry for drinking, and most of all...I am sorry for always making you cry..." 

Then you bursted into tears. 

You didn't know why you were crying, or why you were suddenly feeling this bunch of mixed feelings swelling up in your heart, but just the fact that Jungkook realized how hard time you were having made you release all the sorrows you had hid in your heart for the past years.

"Don't cry..." Jungkook whispered gently, turning your body to face him. "You look prettier when you smile."

"Jungkook...." 

"Oh damn, I made you cry again! What kind of husband am I, right?" He said, grinning like a little child. 

His thumbs brushed against your flushed cheeks, smearing off your tears. 

"I am sorry Y/N." He said in a soothing voice, letting you cry freely in his warmth. "I am sorry."

<Y/N'S P.O.V>

"But...why are you suddenly saying all these?" I whispered as I cuddled into Jungkook's thin white shirt. 

His manly chest and the heat from his body was making me feel relaxed. 

I heard Jungkook chuckle softly as he ruffled my hair. 

"I heard you crying." He whispered softly, sounding like he was deep in his thoughts. "Just before you came into the room." 

I silently nodded.

"...So can you tell me now? About what I said to you yesterday...?" Jungkook asked, lifting up my chin to make eye contact. "Cuz I know I did say something."

"It was not important." I looked away. "Nothing much."

"Y/N. Look at me." 

I hesitated, but shyly looked up at him in the end.

"I know it when you lie, you are a bad liar." He chuckled, making me blush. "Please tell me. I want to know what I said."

I sighed and bit my lip, trying to decide whether I should tell him the truth or not.

"...You said you married me because you wanted to have sex with me." I said, my eye lids slowly dropping down. 

Jungkook's eyes widened and his lips slightly parted, a startled expression taking over his face. 

"But it's fine, Kookie." I said, forcing myself to smile. "I already knew. On our wedding day... I heard you talking to your friends." I added, my pupils trembling at each word.

Jungkook froze.

"...So you knew. From the beginning... You knew." He managed to whisper out, his startled expression suddenly softening.

I nodded with a sad smile on my face. 

"Then...Why didn't you divorce me? Why didn't you just t-"

"Because Jungkook, I love you." I smiled, caressing his cheek. 

His eyes widened again, but soon turned watery as he gazed longingly into my eyes. 

"But you knew..." He mumbled, a drop of tear running down his cheek. "And even after you saw me making out with other girls... You stayed by my side?"

I smiled. 

"Because I love you." I said. 

Jungkook's hair glittered in the sunlight that shone through the window, his tears visible underneath his trembling eyes.

"Y/N..." He whispered as he slowly leaned in, closing the gap between us. 

My eyes widened when I felt his soft lips gently crushing onto mine.

Tears streamed down my face as the gentle kiss turned into a hot, passionate one, our lips slowly moving together in sync. This was the first time Jungkook kissed me. This was the first time I ever felt warmth from his touch. 

Kookie...

Jungkook slowly leaned away, grinning like a bunny, his eyes never leaving mine.

"B-But why-" I stuttered.

Jungkook smiled and gently brushed his thumb against my lips.

"Because...I love you too."