CHAPTER 9 | END

<PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE TURN ON THE MUSIC - I know it's the same music as the last chapter, but trust me, it will get the story in the mood.>

<AUTHOR'S P.O.V>

"Isn't it such a beautiful night? You can see all the stars clearly." Jungkook said, smiling sadly at Y/N, who was lifelessly sitting on the couch, breathing unevenly. 

"It is." Y/N managed to whisper out weakly.

Jungkook silently slid his hand onto Y/N's hand, trying to sooth her. 

"Do you want to go out?" He softly asked, brushing his fingers through her hair. "Fresh air might help." 

"...Okay." She answered, giving Jungkook a weak smile. 

--

"Let's sit down under that tree." Jungkook said, pointing at the huge cherry-blossom tree that barely had any petals left. The tree contained a special memory for both of them, it was the tree that Jungkook was kneeling down under when he was proposed to Y/N. 

"Y/N, remember the day when I proposed to you?" Jungkook said, smiling at the memory. "It was right under this tree." 

Y/N nodded. "I...remember, of course. I will never forget that moment."

<JUNGKOOK'S P.O.V>

"Y/N?" I said, as I relaxed my head on her shoulder. 

"Hmm?" 

"Are you cold?"

She shook her head. "I always feel warm when you are next to me." 

I smiled at her answer. "...Do you believe in fate?"

"...Sometimes." She replied, letting out a few coughs.

"Are you okay?" I asked, worried. "Do you wanna go inside now?" 

Y/N shook her head again, letting out another set of coughs. 

"Y/N, I think we better go inside." 

"No....I.....want to spend my last moment with you underneath.....this tree." 

"What are you talking about? This is not your last moment - "

"Kookie. You are gonna be alright without me, right?" She smiled weakly at me.

"Of course not! Stop saying those stuff -"

"I am sorry, Jungkook." She whispered as she slowly caressed my cheek. "I love you."

"Let's go inside." I said, holding tightly onto her hand. "I will make you some warm drinks." 

"Jungkook....I am sorry for leaving you like this. But always remember...that I love you." 

"Stop talking this nonsense, Y/N! You are not gonna die -"

"...If fates do exist, Jungkook, then I call them cruel." She whispered softly, letting out another cough. "But fates don't stop love."

"Wha-"

"My body's too weak, Jungkook. It's time for me to go."

"No, just hold on, Y/N! There's a hospital nearby - "

"Kookie..." She panted, reaching out for my face. "Don't cry." 

"Please....Please hold on....Please...." I held her hand tightly in my hands, tears streaming down my face endlessly. 

"Thank you, Jungkook." She said. "And sorry...for leaving you like this....and for not telling you." 

"You don't need to thank or apologize to me..." I mumbled through my tears. "Just...don't leave me...Please...."

"I...love...you....." She whispered, letting out her last breath. 

"No, no, please - " I held her hand tighter. 

Y/N....

I am sorry....

That I am always too late....

Y/N......

"I love you." I whispered and slowly leaned into her, gently, softly pressing my lips against hers. 

12:01 a.m.

"Merry Christmas." I whispered softly as I slowly leaned away from her. 

The last petal of the cherry-blossom tree fell on the cold skin of Y/N's, blushing against her lips which were formed into a peaceful, silent smile. 

'Past the cold winter,

Until the spring comes back
Until the flowers bloom
Will you stay there a little longer

Will you stay'

In the cold early morning of Christmas, 

beneath the gentle snowflakes, 

hopeless and lost,

stood an ended story.

--

A/N: THIS IS NOT THE END. NEXT CHAPTER COMING SOON