CHAPTER 8 | Winter

(If you want to enjoy this chapter, PLEASE TURN ON THE MUSIC) 

--

"Y-Y/N, why is there blood...on the tissue?" Jungkook whispered, his eyes trembling. 

"Jungkook-ah...I am sorry." My eyes started to turn watery.

"Why are you saying sorry?? What's happening??" I could see that he was getting impatient.

"I am sorry for not telling you. But I couldn't, Jungkook. I just couldn't." 

"I-I don't get it...Wha -"

"I have a lung cancer." I finally said. 

Jungkook's eyes widened and he immediately looked up at me in disbelief. 

"You...have what?" 

"I am sorry, Jungkook... I am so sorry." I started to tear apart. "I am sorry..." 

"T-This is a joke, right?" His eyes looked like they were about to burst into tears in any second.

"I am sorry, Jungkook." I whispered. 

"H-How...S-Since when?" 

"...Few weeks ago." 

There was a long, heavy silence between us.

"Come on, let's go." Jungkook suddenly stood up from the bed. 

"W-Where?" 

Jungkook didn't reply and just pulled me up. 

"Jungkook?"

He stayed silent.

--

"Hospital?" I said as we got out of the car. "Why are we here?"

"...Y/N, please." He faced me. 

And that's when I realized how red his eyes were from crying. 

"Please..." He whispered again. "Please tell me you are lying."

"Kookie, I - "

"You can't die. You can't leave me... You can still live -"

"The doctor said it's too late for me." 

Jungkook's eyes went blank as soon as he heard my words. 

"No...this can't be happening..." He whispered softly as he fell onto his knees. "No...No..."

This was what I didn't want to see the most. 

Watching him getting broken. 

Watching his heart shattering into pieces. 

"Why didn't you tell me...?" He finally managed to whisper out through the tears. 

I couldn't say anything. 

"I...thought we would happily live with each other, have kids, grow old together, .....I -" Jungkook mumbled, looking up at me with teary eyes. "But why am I always too late?"

"Jungkook....Please..." I broke into tears.

"I am sorry, Y/N. I am sorry that I am always too late. I am sorry that I couldn't do anything for you when you did everything for me. I am sorry that I couldn't make you happy w-" 

"Stop." I said, pulling him up from the cold frozen ground. "Don't you dare say sorry. You were the reason why I smiled. You were the reason why I didn't lose my hope. You were the reason why I wanted to live. Jungkook, you did everything for me."

Tears flew down his cheeks endlessly. 

"Y/N..." He whispered softly as he slowly closed the gap between our lips. "You are my everything. Please don't leave me." 

Hot tears streamed down my face, a mixture of emotions swelling up in my heart.  

"I love you, Y/N." 

And we shared the most deep and longing kiss under the grey merciless sky of winter, cold winds swirling the dry,dead leaves around us as if it also wanted to cry.

We didn't speak a word, but we both knew, that we were sharing the same feelings deep inside our hearts.

"Please don't leave me. I need you, Y/N."