pt 25

Once up on the roof Laroe can't seem to hide his surprise. There, beside the wall stood the short haired girl who thry had been investigating. A book in her hand as she stood in the light. "W-what are you doing here?" Behind him no one understands why he's so shocked.

"Wasn't Imy suppose to come here Laroe?" Asks Ron as he clips back his slightly long bangs.

"Yes Laroe, was i not suppose to come?" As the air rushes through their hair Imy turns to face them her back now leaning on the peach walls. A small, almost malicious, smile on her face.

"Yes but i never even invited you up. Let alone tell you this was going to happen." Narrowing his eyes Laroe stared hard at Imy. Something's not right... he thought.

"I knew it was about time you came up with your conclusion, all it took was a look at that last fire that happened," Still smiling she continued talking nonchalantly.

"Then you know." Keeping the last words sealed Laroe asked.

"I do." Replied Imy. 

"This decision was made by me, i have yet to discuss this with them." Laroe adds on to his secrecy.

"Please, tell me what that decision was," Closing her eyes Imy waits. From beyond her closed eyes the boys eye each other.

"I, Laroe Jinn, believe that you Imy Schmitt originally named Imy Blood Fuocco, are guilty of the murders of 6 citizens." This was something the boys knew, every year she disappeared was a year of an ashy death.

"The names of the dead are as follow Tom Berton, who was killed recently in his-"

"Your right." With her eyes still close Imy uttered those words.

"I'm what?" Caught off guard Laroe was at a loss for words.

"I said," Opening her eyes the smile vanished, "Your right."

"Imy this is serious!" Seth yells at her thinking it's only a game.

"Do i look like i'm joking, pretty boy?" Glancing back at him he quiets down, Laroe on the other hand has a million things to say.

"I-i can't accept that!" He screams and everyone stays quiet.

"Why not? You spent years looking for how to pin this down on me, so why back out now?"

"That's exactly why!" Covering his face with one hand he continues, "All those years i spent wasted on trying to find you and then making you confess, all wasted. Just to have you go admitting you murdered my brother so easily as if, as if it was nothing!"

"But that is what you wanted, wasn't it?" Tilting her head and narrowing her eyes Imy stood up straight.

"I-I just wanted the truth."

"That is the truth."

"No!"

"Imy, what i think Laroe is trying to say is that... he really wanted to believe you didn't do it. But everything pointed to you, deep down he was trying to prove your innocence. Even though on the surface he was against you he actually cherished you so much he refused to believe it was you." Pushing back his glasses Edwin analyzed the problem.

"I see.." Softening her expression she said, "I'm sorry for not being able to lie to your face anymore." She began walking to the door, the other boys weren't able to say anything. They only stared at her in awe.

"Wait-" Grabbing onto her wrist Laroe said, "Tell me. Tell me why such a kind hearted girl would do such a thing?" That's right, as far as he could remember Imy was always smiling and helping others. She would go so far as to lose everything if it meant making someone else happy.

"I'm not a normal human girl... heck not even human at all,"she chuckled almost self deprecatingly.

"What do you mean Silvy?" Toby asked her in a strained voice.