Chapter 5: Fang Yun

In the eastern regions of the Azure Sky Continent, Alex's soul had reincarnated into the body of a infant without him even noticing. After being cleansed by the Rivers of Reincarnation, although his memories hadn't been erased, they were still sealed by its streams of spiritual energy that tried to wipe out the memories embedded into his soul!

Although Alex deduced he had escaped the Rivers of Reincarnation, he could not have been more wrong. The Rivers of Reincarnation altered his soul and threw him into the Azure Sky Continent without him even having a chance to realise that he had been forced into unconsciousness.

——————————————————

'Where... am I?' Alex thought as he felt like his head had been put in a blender.

To him, it was as if he had nodded off for a second and was woken up by a searing pain due to a deep wound on his chest. The sensation he felt was a little like what's called 'teleportation'.

"Young master..." A faint cry entered his ears, causing him to open his eyes.

His nose twitched as a familiar scent entered his sinuses. The first thing he saw with his eyes was a young servant bleeding on the floor, the youth's eyes seemed unwilling to accept death.

Alex recognised the youth but his memories were quite jumbled up. He wasn't able to connect the dots due to how scattered his thoughts were yet he intuitively knew the youth before him was an ally and not an enemy.

'I have to survive!' This was his first thought as he felt his blood seeping out of the would on his chest. His body felt weakness due to the loss of blood but he was still able to will himself to stand up in order find a way to survive.

He used his willpower alone to lift himself towards the nearest desk and took out a thin string and small needle from inside a draw. It was after analysing his wound did he stitch his flesh together to stop the bleeding.

Although the entire process was extremely painful, he wasn't really that bothered since he had experienced pain far worse than this in his long life.

No, perhaps it was more accurate to say his 'past life'. Alex dragged himself towards the youth in eastern-looking clothing and also stitched his wound.

"Argh..!" The youth cried in pain.

Alex forcefully stopped the youth's bleeding by stitching together his skin.

Unlike Alex who was somehow lucky enough to have avoided any damage to his internal organs. The young servant that lay dying next to him had a wound on one of his lungs. Alex's surgical skills weren't comparable to an actual doctor's but he knew how to stitch together wounds really well.

Even though the process was even more painful than getting stabbed and wasn't a permanent solution, he was still able to temporarily prolong their lives by stopping the wounds inflicted onto their chests from bleeding out.

Only after finishing the surgery did he allow himself to calm down, his eyes seemed to comprehend something as the memories of his current life were digested by the ones of his past life.

This mix of memories caused him to temporary go into an identity crisis.

It was only after a long moment did he clear his mind and choose his identity.

"It's a good thing that crazy b*tch had such a feminine hobby, or else we'd have died by her sword." Alex spoke towards the youth on the ground.

Seeing that his young master was able to temporarily save their lives, the young servant smiled and could only respond by nodding his head. He sighed in relief as there was now at least a glimmer of hope to survive.