Chapter 7: Body Cultivator

As Lou Meng opened his eyes and got off the bed he had been laid on, he was surprised to see that the Fang Yun sitting in a meditative posture not too far from his. When he looked around himself, he realised that he had actually been taken to his young master's room.

"I'm alive...?" Lou Meng suddenly spoke in confusion as he clearly remembered how the suspicious old servant cut him down to the bone.

He wasn't that well-learned about biology but he knew there should have been no way for him to lasted long enough to get treatment. Another surprise came to him as he realised that there were actually stitchings on his chest, his eyes flashed as he remembered how he was saved.

"So you're finally awake." Fang Yun's calm but soft voice entered his ears.

Lou Meng turned his head towards his young master as he somehow felt unfamiliar with the tone of Fang Yun's voice. The young servant was Fang Yun's best friend and had even grown up with him from a young age, so it wasn't hard for him to detect the changes that occurred to his young master while he was unconscious.

"You don't have to look at me so suspiciously... almost dying really changes a person's mindset." Fang Yun lied as the explanation regarding his change was just too unbelievable.

"I'm sorry, young master, I didn't mean any discourtesy!" Lou Meng panicked as it was his first time committing such an offence. The servants of the Fang Clan knew their place well, if their masters were to be dissatisfied with them, it would lead to many problems.

"Don't be so stiff. We're friends, aren't we? Just because I've changed doesn't mean I think of you any differently than before." Fang Yun reassured him with a wry smile. He was appreciative of Lou Meng and had a very good opinion of him. If he didn't, then there was no way he'd have begged his grandfather for an Organ Mending Pill to completely heal his internal injuries.

"Thank you." Lou Meng stopped calling him 'young master' as he felt that although Fang Yun seemed like a different person than before, he was still the same person he grew up with.

They talked about miscellaneous things for a bit before Fang Yun brought up something he was really curious about.

"You've broken through to the ninth level of Nascent Forging, right?" Fang Yun asked while moving towards Lou Meng and observing the Qi within him using his unique Spiritual Perception.

He had gotten used to keeping an eye out with his Spiritual Perception whenever he could. Although it consumed some Chakra to keep his Spiritual Perception active, the only way he could increase his mastery and control over Chakra was by becoming more familiar with it through usage.

"How did you know? It's all thank the spiritual medicine you gifted me a few days ago that was able to breakthrough so easily." Lou Meng didn't hide it as he felt he'd definitely be able to forge his Spiritual Artifact before he became twenty years of age. Perhaps he will be considered the next Chu Rinyu if you were to look at his talents in combat.

Once reaching the ninth level of the Nascent Forging stage, there would be a period of stagnation where a Cultivator wouldn't be able to increase their strength until they are able to fully forge their Spiritual Artifact. The time it would take for someone to forge an Spiritual Artifact was dependant on how familiar they were with their weapon of choice or personal hobby.

"Good. Then it looks like I'll be able to get more results. Brother Meng, I need you to test a circulation technique I invented." He went straight to the point since he needed a guinea pig to better understand the connections between Qi and the 4 fundamental internal forces.

"You invented it yourself?" Rather than being happy, Lou Meng's expression showed just how much he was against using an 'invented' circulation technique. It was a well-known fact that those who circulated inner energy through their channels randomly could explode if they weren't careful enough.