Chapter 16: Another Failure to Great Success!

As one could tell, the result of his actions was failure after failure. Even counterclockwise rotation of his four internal energies didn't have the affect of attracting what Cultivators knew as World Qi. It was as if the natural energy of the world existed purely for those born with Spiritual Channels.

From what he could deduce, Internal Qi could be drained from Cultivators and integrated into his four fundamental internal forces as long as it was injected into his body. This meant he had two options: He could either ask a Cultivator to waste their time injecting Internal Qi into his body or go around offending people and draining their Internal Qi mid-battle.

Both of these options were ridiculous so he immediately threw them out of his head once they came to mind. Not only would offending Cultivators for the sake of improvement be stupid, it would also be pretty idiotic for him to reveal this heaven-defying technique. A normal wouldn't think twice about killing a Mortal like him to steal this extremely valuable technique that could allow one to reach the Perfection realm in all four fundamental forces.

He could only feel depressed despite how extremely fortunate his current circumstances are since his end goal of finding a way to cultivate seemed unreachable. Perhaps he may be able to take on a Nascent Forging stage Cultivator in a fair fight now that he's reached the absolute limits of the human body, but just being able to beat up people who merely beginners on the road of cultivation wasn't his goal.

To reach the gates of the Arctic Ocean Dragon Sect, he needed strength beyond that of a mortal. He needed to be able to fight against Core Formation Cultivator despite being a mortal. It is only then will the powerful Cultivators of Arctic Ocean Dragon Sect accept their relationship wholeheartedly.

As such, he couldn't go around courting death through using such a useless cultivation method. Even though he could also rely of Lou Meng to inject Internal Qi into him, he wasn't willing to selfishly hinder his best friend's cultivation in order to derive benefits.

Lou Meng was his own person, and Fang Yun wasn't going to use someone he was so close and familiar with as a stepping stone. He'd rather never meet Chu Rinyu again than to do something he will definitely regret later in life. As a man who has already experienced life and death, he knew well that if people  didn't stay true to themselves, they would find themselves losing their way.

Fang Yun discarded his newly created mystical technique with a heavy heart since he now found himself back at square one. Revolving his internal energies didn't work and there was no longer any alternative paths he could think of. It was then that he came to a realisation that perhaps he was looking at this innate problem the wrong way.

Although the use of Spiritual Channels allowed one to cultivate Internal Qi through absorbing World Qi, it didn't stop one from increasing the mass of internal energies within the body.

As his thoughts reached till there, a difficult situation presented itself... The only way to go beyond the four fundamental internal forces' human limits was to abandon one's own humanity. To become an existence that was neither a human or a monster.

Maybe if it was someone else, they would've hesitated to choose this unorthodox path. However, Fang Yun had no choice but to give it a go since there wasn't any other options left for him to choose. If he could increase the amount of Internal Qi he could condense using his four fundamental internal forces, he would be able to one day forge his Spiritual Artifact and become a true Cultivator despite having been born as a Mortal.

He once again entered his sea of consciousness after he stopped revolving his internal energies. This time his inner world seemed to have changed due to the previous methods he used to reach the Perfection realm of his Heart Force and Mind Force. He stared down at the more darker Aura releasing from his Combat Instincts and the radiant Psion water which most his consciousness consisted of.