Chapter 21: A Twist In Fate

"What deal?" Fang Yun looked at his chest that seemed show no signs of being wounded while he was asking.

"I want half your control over this body and wasn't control whenever you're attacking another. In return, I'll complete these messy techniques you made." Alex spoke while looking at the Chimerical Sun of Aura hidden within a Crystal Moon of Psion beneath their frozen sea of consciousness.

With a flick of his wrist, the Chimerical Sun and Crystal Moon ascended upwards and escaped out of their sea of consciousness' waters. He then waved his hand and removed the Dao of Yin and Dao of Space within them, making them more pure than they were before.

"I don't need your help. Look at how not integrating with a Dao has got me so far... You think a mortal who doesn't sacrifice anything can become stronger than a Cultivator?" Fang Yun mocked in derision but he didn't stop Alex from doing what he wanted with the cultivation techniques he made. He knew quite well that Alex wasn't the type to destroy anything that is useful.

"Your perspective of martial arts is too much like a doctors. While you did well in ensuring the essence of Health melded into our Psion and the essence of Survival melded into our Primal Instincts, you neglected the essence of Killing and Self-Control. This is why your Aura is so inferior to that woman named Bai Lingyun. You're techniques aren't fit to be used in combat." Alex spoke clearly as he looked at the giant stone sword sword he held in his hand.

"Bigger is always better is what most people would think, but you shouldn't have thought that merely this unrefined stone sword would've been enough to beat her." He continued before shattering the giant stone sword to pieces, revealing a metallic sword made of concentrated killing intent hidden within. Fang Yun's eyes widened as he felt that the sword even had the potential to kill immortals!

Alex didn't stop there as he looked at the Chimerical Sun behind him and stabbed it with the sword he held. Fang Yun stood in shock as the sword seemed to drain the part of the Chimerical Sun that contained his Dao of Yin, leaving only half the Aura within it left. The sword in Alex's hand went through many changes as the Dao of Yin merged into it, a ghostly Aura formed around it along with along with tattoos that copied his animal styles.

"The reason you're unable to fuse Dao enlightenments into your Heart Force or Mind Force is because you don't believe them to be part of you. You spent so much time healing others in this life to the point you started to view the human body as an object. You are your own person and these Dao enlightenments aren't mine, they're yours." Alex lectured as he handed Fang Yun a refined version of his Combat Instincts. These words resonated within Fang Yun as he saw Alex in a new light. The wariness he felt decreased due to Alex's selflessness.

This one action of Alex's and the words he said to Fang Yun showed that he wasn't trying to lie to him. He truly wished for their partnership and was even willing to gift Fang Yun his own Combat Instincts to make up for not originally having any in the first place.

Although Fang Yun knew he'd have to trade many things in return, the benefits of having sharpened Combat Instincts made it so he didn't need dedicate himself towards improving his Aura like Heart Force Martial Artists on Earth. There was a reason Dao Seeking Martial Artists spent nearly their entire lives sharpening their Heart Force to pass down legacies.

As he grabbed the hilt of the sword, he felt that his body had somehow become more complete. However, with this feeling of wholeness came the intuitive understanding that he had just lost half of his Aura. This wasn't something he felt regretful about though since the metallic sword altered by his Dao of Yin assimilated into his Astral Body.

His outer-appearance didn't change at all after assimilating his Combat Instincts and Primal Instincts into his body but the atmosphere he gave off made him seem a lot more mysterious than he was before. A sapphire light glowed in his eyes as he found Alex was ripping out the Dao of Space from the Crystal Moon before shaping it into the form of a bow. The same actions repeated themselves as Fang Yun assimilated the bow which made entirely out of Spacial Psion circuitry and merged into his Astral Body.