Chapter 23: They Can!

"Please save my friend." Bai Lingyun was shocked as she opened her door to find an unconscious Fang Yun on the back of a bowing Lou Meng. She didn't even respond to the talented Cultivator in front of her and pulled them inside as soon as she heard what happened.

In fact, she felt quite guilty inwardly because she believed her Ice Aura might be the cause of Fang Yun's suffering. Although she did somewhat blame Lou Meng for treating the Colourless Blood she gave as Tonic but she couldn't blame his ignorance. If she had properly explained what the Colourless Blood was in the first place without thinking that Lou Meng probably knew, these circumstances would not have even came to be.

"Lay him in the floor." Bai Lingyun's calm words stunned Lou Meng as he turned his head to look at her.

"What? Do you want to put him on my bed instead? This is an emergency so I won't mind if you do, but do you think your friend here is cold resistant?" As soon as she finished her words, she pointed at the bed not far away that looked like it was encased in frost.

"Thank you." Lou Meng realised his mistake and apologised. The ice woman in front of him may not be the kindest, but she was at least someone who wouldn't mistreat them using petty reasons. He didn't understand why a Mortal like her was so strong at first, but now he understood it a little.

Bai Lingyun grabbed Fang Yun's wrist to check his condition and was shocked to find that his vitality was vanishing at a gradual pace. She didn't know what was happening to him but she knew that it probably has something to do with the Colourless Blood inside him.

"The Colourless Blood within him is active and Ki within your friend's meridians are being absorbed into it without his conscious control. If he doesn't stop letting the Colourless Blood absorb his vitality from him, it will absorb his very life-force." Bai Lingyun's voice was somber as she informed Lou Meng of what was happening to him. She couldn't comprehend why the Colourless Blood within Fang Yun was acting up by itself but knew what to do in these current circumstances despite it being her first time encountering such a condition.

"What the hell are you doing?" Lou Meng grabbed the hand that was slap Fang Yun awake with anger. Although he was fine with lowering his head to save his young master, he was unwilling to allow her use this opportunity to harm him in any way.

"Then what do you suppose is a good way to wake him up?" Bai Lingyun retracted her hand and asked with skeptical eyes. The most easiest way to wake Fang Yun up would be through pain. Even if it was embarrassing for him, it's better than dying isn't it?

"Let me try to wake him up." Lou Meng responded without a change in his expression. He then grabbed his shoulder and shook him furiously.

"Wake up!!!" Lou Meng shouted in his ear as he flailed his young master about like a rag-doll. Bai Lingyun was stunned by his actions but what happened next nearly made jaw drop to the floor. After he stopped shaking him about, he casually poured in a glass of cold water into a cup and dumped it all down on top of Fang Yun's face.

The expression he made to her seemed to say: "Only I'm allowed to do this."

This confused Bai Lingyun about their relationship even more. Fang Yun was just a friend? Then why did Lou Meng treat him like a younger sibling? These kind of disrespectful actions aren't something you do to just a 'friend'!

"What? I'm trying to help him. Even if he wakes up, he can't complain about my methods since it's a lot better than slapping him." Lou Meng didn't even seem phased by her stare and spoke while looking at Fang Yun's drenched face helplessly. In his mind, it would be better to get punished for what he did than watch his young master die.

"I won't argue with your logic... But just know that the only thing I can do now is try to forcefully slow down the pace of which he's dying." Bai Lingyun sighed as she decided not to say anything about what he did. She took the glove off her hand and placed it onto Fang Yun's head in order send her Ice Aura to his sea of consciousness.