Chapter 2

She was staring at the big clock on the wall when she heard a lot of commotion in the lobby TV – somebody had turned up the volume. When she went up to get a closer look at the screen, she couldn’t believe her eyes.

All over the news was a crashed car and photos of a severely injured Justin Bieber. All over the screen was the same picture of Justin’s blood stained face and body, he was carried on a stretcher to the ambulance. The photos kept flashing.

Tears welled up in Sarah’s eyes.

She tried to call Justin’s phone but in the back of her mind she knew it would do no good.

Putting herself together she grabbed her purse and headed to the hotel car service. She got in a cab and stopped outside the “Burnswick PrivateHospital” – the name in red could be seen from half a mile away.

There were photographers – lots of them, reporters and screaming girls everywhere.

Her heart was racing at a 1000 miles per hour.

What if Justin wasn’t okay?

What if something really bad had happened? NO.

She made her heart believe that everything was fine but at a moment like this negative thoughts do creep into fearful minds.

There was tight security inside as well as outside the hospital and no one was allowed to go in – not even her.

The world did not know about them – YET.

She wanted to go in. She needed to go in.

While looking for a way to get inside, her eyes caught Fredo’s glimpse. He was giving some statement to the reporters. She thought Fredo saw her too – well he knew about Justin and her. She remembered talking to him in quite a few times back in the hotel. While trying to figure things out, she did not notice Fredo walking up to her secretly.     

No one can know about them – that was a tight instruction from Justin.

Fredo took Sarah inside the hospital through the back door and then up to the floor where Justin was being treated by the doctors.

Fredo briefed Sarah on how and what had happened to him – Justin was on his way back from work. He had insisted on being alone in the car that night: no bodyguards. The crew agreed to this but Scooter couldn’t leave Justin all alone – not that he didn’t trust him, it was the world he had doubts about. Justin was followed by his security in another car, he did not not about this.

On his way back to the hotel, Justin stopped at Tiffany’s, presumably to pick a gift for Sarah. Justin was more than happy that evening – his big wide smile spoke that for him. After his little trip to Tiffany’s Justin got in his car to head back to Sarah when the worst happened – HE WAS HIT BY A TRAILER.

The trailer had come out of nowhere and hit Justin’s car in the most destructive way. Fredo was going into details and Sarah couldn’t stop the tears rolling down her cheeks. Fredo did not seem to notice this – he continued.

The car was splinched from the back, the glass shattered and an unconscious Justin covered in blood lay in the somehow crumpled front seat. His security managed to get him out of the car without causing further damage and was rushed to the BurnswickHospital.

He had been in surgery for the past two hours. Sarah’s stomach urched – a feeling of fear engulfed her. She loved Justin…all these days of friendship had turned into a a passionate love that neither of them had expressed wholly.

She sat on the bench outside the Operation Theatre. The sign above the door read ‘ENGAGED’.