Chapter 7: What happened?

Fran's POV
I woke up to the sounds of a.... heartbeat?? What? What happened? The last thing I remember was...... being tickled by my new parents and the shouting of my name, until darkness fell over me.

I tried to open my eyes. But the bright, burning light blind me, making me squint my eyes shut again.

"Fran, baby, wake up." A soft and calm voice whispered. I whimpered. I tried to open my eyes again, blinked a few times, then I looked around the room until I came across a familiar face, my new mother. Stana Katic.

"Mom?" I whispered. "what happened?"

"Sweetie! You're awake." My mom smiled. "and you fainted. We are still waiting for the doctor to come with the results." And at the precise moment, the doctor walked in.

"Miss Dunmore, you're awake!! And I have some good news and some bad news. Which one do you wanna hear first?"

"Dunmore?" I asked confused.

"It's your surname, Miss Dunmore."he looked at Stana. "Mrs Dunmore?"

Stana head shot up at the name. "I'm not Mrs Dunmore. I'm Mrs Fillion." She answered proudly. The doctor was confused and so was I.

"Fran is my adopted daughter." She answered. The doctor nodded in understanding. But I was still confused.

"Dunmore?" I asked again.

"Fran, about that..." mom started.

"I'll come back later." And the doctor left the room.

"Mom?" Mom sighed.

"Fran, me and dad can't change your surname because you're a teenager and also because you are not biologically our daughter." She explained.

"Oh." I replied, sadly.

"What's wrong?

"It's just... nobody likes my surname. Kids at school make fun of me because of my name or because I'm different from all the other girls at school." A tear ran down my cheek and mom wiped it away with her thumb.

"Why are different?"

"I have no parents. Or no friends."

"Fran, you are only different because it make you unique and special. Plus I don't even wanna know why the kids at school were bullying you. There is nothing wrong with you. You're human. You have feelings. And I just can't believe what you have been through. So that's why me and Nate are adopting you." Explained Stana.

"So.... can I call you, mom and Nathan, dad?"

"I'll be honoured. You can call me and Nate what ever you prefer, Sweetie." She smiled at me.

"Okay mom, thank you. Where dad and Sasha?" I asked, waiting to know where my new father and sister were.

"They whet to get something to eat and drink from the cafeteria. Don't worry they'll be here any minute-" at the exact moment, Sasha came running through the doors at top speed.

"CESCA!!!" She yelled, enthusiastically. I laughed at her happiness. Mom lifted Sasha up on my bed and Sasha hugged me. "I missed you, Cesca." And she kissed me on the cheek.

"Sash," Sasha looked at her parents, "what would you say if me and daddy told you that Cesca is gonna be your big sister?" Sasha's jaw dropped. She was about to squeal, but dad covered her mouth before she did so.

"No squealing, Sasha." Told Mom orderly. Sasha nodded her head and snuggled back into my side.

My little sister.