t h i r ty - n i n e .2

PLEASE READ THIS NOTE!

I clearly forgot how Wattpad works considering I thought Chapter 39 ends in Kenadee asking Denis what will they tell Dasha, but that was not the end of the chapter. Wattpad just happens to have a huge ass ad in the middle of the damn chapter that I thought it was the end. So here is the rest of Chapter 39

_____________________

"To who?", he inquired, confused.

"To Dasha", I said, obvious.

"Why?", his furrowed brow clearly told me he was not faking confusion.

"Because of the time we are arriving, because we are together, she will want an explanation", I tried to explain, desperately, the guilt was eating me inside.

Denis chuckled lowly.

"Then we will say the truth, right?", he said,"That we went to the fair and that I stopped by to greet a friend".

"But...".

"We did nothing wrong, Kenadee", he interrupted me, but even in the dark I was able to see the cheeky glow that his eyes showed off persuasion. And the tone of his cynical voice that came out of his meaty lips.

I had to use supernatural power to approach them, to mute the ridiculous beating of my heart that could leave me in evidence. I had to force myself to retain the common sense of going against what I had said.

The darkness only made me want it more. It made me want to get closer in an uncontrolled way.But the voice in my head muttering my best friend's name stopped me from any kind of nonsense my mind could produce.

"Kenadee", he called me, making me go back to the moment. "Are you okay?", he asked.

"Yes, I...yes", I stuttered.

"Good", he got off the car and I wanted to take the opportunity of being a gentleman away, because all of that did not help the situation of me liking him that I was stuck in. But the door did not open. He quickly found his way to my side and he himself opened the door to help me off.

We climbed the stairs to the third floor and we finally made it to the apartment. Denis seemed relaxed however I remained feeling guilty.

I opened the door with my heart beating uneasily and I visualized the way the world should be.

Kir was with Dasha and they instantly looked over to Denis and I, each of their expressions were different, Dasha was uneasy, worried, without a doubt; Kir's was calm, composed. I wondered what mine would be.

"Oh there they are!", Dasha exclaimed and ran to hug Denis and I.

I stood still, confused.

"Beast, why didn't you take your phone?", She told me, "Denis, why didn't you answer yours?", She questioned.

More than a friend that felt deceived or speculated any trick she seemed like a worried mother when her children would not get home and it was past midnight. I felt even more guilty than before.

"I'm sorry, love", said Denis, and the last word my heart shrunk in pain. "I took Kenadee to the fair, remember you told me she never has been to one? Well, I wanted to do something really nice for her", he looked at me and he smiled, but with those smiles that you give a friend: expansive and no sign of anything that would confuse me. "And, I stopped by to say hi to Josh, remember it's his birthday today. Right, he sends his regards", he approached Dasha and kissed her forehead.

I captured the scene to close and my heart still shrunken in some corner of my chest, shook violently and painfully. Dasha calmed down.

"But you should've at least told me, love", she muttered and she stood on her tiptoes to kiss Denis on the lips.

I couldn't witness this anymore, I lowered my head and moved away quickly to where Kir was who also had his head hung low. That scene hurt him as much as it did to me.

"But, you had fun, Kenadee?", Dasha asked me, with a sincere smile when he detached herself from her boyfriend's lips.

"Of course, although I almost died at the top of a rollercoaster", I said, appearing as if I was fine.

Dasha exploded in laughter and then looked at Denis.

"You made her get on the rollercoaster? How did you do it? I have tried it so many times and she always says no to me", She said, surprised and amused.

Denis shrugged.

"I supposed I have the gift of convincing", he joked,

I was in disagreement with Denis, although his definition of "gift of convincing" was more of "imprisoning me in his arms and not letting me escape".