Chapter 16.5

Dear Members of the Magical Law Office,

Though many of you have undoubtedly heard me voice my opinion on the matter before, I wish to restate it before the upcoming vote. I firmly believe that the partially human creature dubbed the 'Neko' by the Magical Community is a dangerous threat to our society.

Research on these creatures is limited, which leads me to believe they are a threat. Throughout my extensive research on the subject, a line from Janice Selwyn's Research and Danger of Partially Human Creatures, "The extent of these 'Nekos' is unknown; their powers range from the mundane to the unheard of and their unexplored abilities may lead to catastrophic consequences if provoked." I quite agree with her reasoning, though the text may be slightly outdated and there is more knowledge on the subject now, this remains the same. Our studies have not progressed. We still don't know the extent of the danger that these creatures pose to our community.

It is in our best interests to continue research. We never know if the Magical Community may benefit from these creatures. Though, they must be controlled. It is my wish that the vote results in the population of 'Nekos' under our control be rounded up, tracked, and under Ministry surveillance in their own territory, which should be isolated from the Magical Community for the safety of our people.

I do hope that you take my wishes into consideration. These creatures are dangerous and are a threat to our community and could be a danger to anyone.

Best, Dolores J. Umbridge (Senior Undersecretary to the Minister)