Chaper 8

Me and Shawn were cuddling under a blanket watching mean girls and watching popcorn. We were half way through the movie but Shawn seemed really distracted. My are was in his lap and he continued to run his fingers over my scars on my arms.

"You cut?" He asked my knowingly.

"I used to." I told him not paying much attention. I would usually be super defensive about it but he's my best friend. I don't really bother to cover them when he's around anymore.

"Used to?" I paused the movie knowing that the questions are not going to stop.

"Ya, it doesn't do much for me anymore." I said turning to him. He pulled me close and stayed that way for awhile.

"Don't do it anymore." He said sadly. "I can't loose you."

"As long as I have you I won't." I smiled at him. Intertwining our hands. Moments like this make me wonder, what if. What if we were more than friends? But what if I went wrong? What if he decided that I wasn't worth fixing anymore? I can't loose him. Not now, I just go him.

My train of thought was derailed by Shawn's voice. "Hey I half to tell you something."

"What is it?"

"Well-" but then Shawn was interrupted by a rough knocking on my door.

"What!?" I yelled. Sage peeked her head from behind the door and smirked at us. "What do you want Sage?"

"Mom wanted to know if Shawn was staying for dinner." She said with a raised eyebrow.

"Yeah sure." He smiled at her. She giggled and smirked at us.

"Have fun you two. But not to much fun, I don't need a niece or nephew just yet."

"Sage!" I yelled throwing one of my pillows at her but she had already slammed the door closed. The pillow hit the door with a bang but I can still here Sage's laughing on the other side.

"I'm sorry about her." I said putting the popcorn after getting up off the floor and flopping on my bed. I look over at Shawn and he was slightly blushing.

"It's ok. She's cool." He said flopping next to me making me fly off because he weighs like 10x as much as I do.

"Ugh your fat." I tell him standing up. He pretends to be sad putting his hand over his heart.

"Ouch that really hurts." I jumped on the bed like he did me but he didn't move an inch. He looks over to me with a raised eyebrow. "You done?"

"I'm done." I mumble moving the hair out of my face as I sat up. "So what were you going to tell before I was so rudely interrupted!" I said telling the last part so Sage could hear.

"I um- you know what? It's not important." He said grabbing the remote and pressing play. I grab the remote back from him and repause the movie. He gives me the 'what them hell' look.

"You're not allowed to lie to me. It's my birthday." I tell him raising an eyebrow at him.

"Actually your birthday isn't for another 3 hours so..." He says snatching the remote but he doesn't turn it back on. "Speaking of, what did you wanna do for your birthday."

"Not much we can do. We have school tomorrow, remember?"

"We don't have to go you know? It's called ditching."

"You and I both know that your mom would kill you if you ditched."

"Not if it's for you! She loves you more than she hates me not going to school." He said a matter a factly.

"Ok but what about my mom? I'd like to spend my first day as a sixteen year old grounded, but thanks anyways." I tell him.

"Oh come on please?"

"No."

"Please?"

"No."

"Please?"

"Dinner!" My mom yells up to everyone.

"Coming! No." I smirked half talking to my mom and half talking to Shawn. After we ate dinner Shawn had to go home because it was a school night and I went to bed. Tomorrow should be fun.