Five

Five

Maggie tightly gripped the gun she held, which April gave her. She kept glancing in every direction as they walked on the road.

"A police station should be anywhere here," April said in reassurance.

Most of their stuff was left inside the bus. They decided to travel light for them to move faster. They were walking fast. It's getting darker, and the snow is slowing them down.

"We won't make it," Flint said. April tried to look for another way to get to the police station.

They stopped for a while to rest. Maggie sat in the middle of the road. Jerry was checking each alley to secure there were no corpses. April kept walking back and forth as she thought of a way out.

"April, you're making me dizzy. Stop walking around." Flint retorted.

"Stop talking, Flint. You're not helping." She continued to walk back and forth while holding her forehead.

"April." Jerry finally spoke up.

"I'm trying to think!"

She was getting pissed. Maggie went to April to calm her down. "Calm down, April. You need to rest."

"Yeah." She looked sternly at Maggie. But she realized that she'd gone too far. She calmed down upon seeing Maggie.

"I need to rest, but there is no way I'm resting here. There's an inn a few more blocks ahead. I'm staying there." April said and picked up her gun.

She started to walk. Maggie looked at the boys who were sitting on the ground. "Let's go."

They walked for a few more blocks. Maggie could feel her feet aching. The cold was getting inside her now. She can feel it already. They followed April, who took a turn on the left side of the road.

"Where are we exactly heading, sis?" Flint asked.

"Here." April rolled up a giant screen and opened an entrance to a basement. Flint looked through to see what was inside.

They entered a parking space. Cars were parked everywhere. Vehicles and Vans were arranged randomly.

"Do you know this place, April?" Jerry asked as he roamed his sight around.

"Yeah. I once worked as a personal bodyguard. My boss owns this building." April said as she walked towards a door.

It wasn't just a door. It was an elevator door. The elevator door opened.
"It's a good thing during an Apocalypse, you don't have to worry about money," April said.

They went inside the elevator, which was made of a mirror. So it looked like there were triple times their number. Flint roamed his sight around.

"It's also good that they don't cut power lines." He muttered, which made Maggie laugh a little.

"I thought it was just an inn. It looks more like a hotel to me. A five-star hotel." Jerry said as he went outside the elevator.

Maggie roamed her sight. A carpeted hallway stretched out. The place looked elegant despite the theme they had. The walls were made from old trees. They seem to look old, like a farmer's house.

"I've never seen a place like this." She exclaimed in amazement.

"I know. I got the same reaction when I first got here. But now, choose your room. Just knock the locks down." April said as she aimed her gun at a doorknob.

She fired and burst opened herself a room. "Rest up!"

She waved her hands as she entered the room. Flint followed what April did and went inside the room he picked.

Maggie stood there looking through every decoration that was displayed. Jerry stood near her. She looked at him, but she looked away right after meeting his glance.