I Can Still Run

Cave...

Nari got some fresh water on the nearby river and let Yona drink. She also gave a massage on Yona's ankle for the bone to reconnect again. "It will hurt", Nari gave a warning. Yona winced in pain but remained still. "I don't have time to cry. I have to save Lili", Yona said determined. Nari coughed blood again. She hid it from Yona. "Nari... tell me the truth. What is happening with you?", Yona opened. Nari's eyes widened. "I'm fine, Princess. I just got tired", Nari faked a smile. Yona grabbed on the liquid bag hangibg around Nari's waist. "What is this?", Yona asked. "It's... It's extra medicine", Nari lied. "It's Nadai", Yona opened and smelled it. "Princess, we have to proceed", Nari tried to leave. "You cannot die, Nari. You're the only one that Soo Won have", Yona shouted. Nari was shocked to hear his name coming out from Yona's mouth.  "Princess, we have to move. I can hear footsteps coming near", Nari informed. "You're quite familiar to this place", Yona noticed. "This was the first place I went when I tried to escape from this Kingdom", Nari informed.

Walls...

Kija and Shinah had an encounter with Soo Won. Joon Gi prepared a bow and arrow to shot Kija. "That's an unusual hand that you have", he commented. "We are the four dragons of Kouka Kingdom", Kija informed. "I see. You're here as well to help the hostages. Can I hold you hand?", Soo Won asked. "It's real", Soo Won smiled. "Aren't you going to laugh?", Kija asked. "I won't refute your existence. I don't need the power of dragons. I need the power of human", Soo Won said with his eyes looking straight to Kija's eyes. "You said the same thing as someone", Kija remembered Nari. "About that other person. Have you seen her?", Soo Won asked. "No", Kija answered and they continued holding off the soldiers.

Forest...

Nari started to run. "Are they coming near?", Yona asked. Nari nodded and fasten her pace but her heartbeat is beating irregularly. She stopped for a while. "Princess, sorry to ask you this. Do you think you can run from here?", Nari asked. Yona climbed down her back. "Princess, go", Nari smiled. "I cannot leave you here", Yona tried to pull her. "I'll be there", Nari smiled. She pushed Yona away. "Go live, Princess", Nari shouted. Yona stepped back then ran away.

She was about to drink the Nadai but remembered that Yona have it. She laughed and prepared her swords. She was surrounded by soldiers. She dropped her sword and surrendered. The soldiers caught her and drag her as well at the execution area.

A man was there sitting watching the execution program. His name is Gyu, Nari's uncle from mother side. She was brought in front of him.

Execution Ground...

"Lady Lili", Nari looked at her. She was pushed on the ground to bow at Gyu. The guy was amused to see his niece. "What are you doing here, my niece? The nation's most wanted person. The one who killed the former queen", Gyu laughed. "Thanks to you, we gained more power. Because of that, I will allow you to live for the next few hours", Gyu yawned. Her swords were taken from her and she has no more strength. It was just few more people before Lili will be executed.  

Hak broke off the place but is still being distracted by soldiers. "Hak!!!", Nari shouted and pointed at Lili at the hanging area. Gyu slapped Nari and started to kick her in the ground. Hak was about to go there but Nari shouted. "Take Lady Lili". It was already her turn but an Soo Won took a bow. He looked at Hak and they have the same thought. Soo Won shot the arrow and Hak got Lili. She was alive.

Yona, who was watching from the distance cried. "How did we become like this?", she cried. Jae Ha patted her shoulder. The wall finally broke down and the generals were able to enter. They took care of the remaining.

Yona went to hug Lili.

Soo Won walked towards Nari and Gyu. "Who are you?", Gyu asked. "I am Kouka's King", Soo Won said and drew his sword. "You're quite a bad uncle", Soo Won looked down on him. "Someone like you doesnt have what it gets to be a leader", Soo Won slashed him to death. Nari was still on the ground. Her body hurts to much that she couldn't even stand. Soo Won tried to carry her. "No...", Nari sniffed. She hid her crying face. She was so relieved that Soo Won came. "I deserve punishment", Nari gasped for air. Soo Won held her hand and carried her at his back. "I came to get my people", Soo Won said in a sad tone.

Judo was about to attack Hak but Soo Won stopped him. "Don't", Soo Won pointed at Mundok and the rest. "I see, Nari is here", Yona sighed in relief. Soo Won dropped a look on Yona and Hak then left. Nari lost consciousness.

Hiryuu Castle
The Next few Days...

Nari's Room.

The girl opened her eyes and heard a familiar voice. "Hye?", Nari forced herself to sit. Hye assisted her back. "Don't push yourself", Hye scolded. "You work even harder than the cow at the barn", Hye sighed. "Why are you here?", Nari asked. "I don't know. Maybe I can smell that you are going overboard", Hye flicked her forehead. "I will just bring the porridge I made for you", Hye went outside.

"How long are you going to stand there, your highness?", Nari asked. The King revealed himself and sat beside Nari's bed. "What happened to Lady Lili?", Nari panicked. Soo Won held her hand. "She's doing good. After some days, she'll move here in the palace. You will have a lot of time together", Soo Won smiled. "What? I won't be staying here so I won't be able to accompany her", Nari humphed. "You know how many days you slept? Hye almost lost all the fluids in his body crying. You are unconscious for 7 days", Soo Won informed. It also shocked Nari. Soo Won's hand is still holding on to Nari's. "I already sent Min Soo to look for foreign doctors. Let's get you healthy again. Okay?", Soo Won tried to convince. "Soo Won... I already a accepted this years ago. I won't live that happily ever after. That's not a life for me", Nari faked her laughter. "Nobody deserve that kind of life. I will definitely look for a cure... so just wait", Soo Won tighten his grip. "Soo Won, you have a.Kingdom to take care of. I am merely a sacrifice for the betterment of this land", Nari smiled. "You can't go... Nari. You're the only thing that I have", Soo Won burrowed his face on Nari's chest.

"Food is here!!!", Hye entered. Soo Won made a distance. "King, can I have some private time with Nari? I'll be feeding her like a baby. She might be ashame if you are here", Hye said. Soo Won stoo and left.

Hye sat next to Nari.

"Nari, you know what. When you first came at the barn. I was scared to see a wild girl such as you. You were covered in blood and you have eyes that are always prepared to kill", Hye chuckled. "But then... when you fainted in front of my house. I thought... She's a girl after all. She's frail and sick", Hye continued. "I nursed you for how many days. I was scared that you won't wake up", Hye's hand started to tremble. "Then you woke up. You tried to steal from me. At the same time, bandits came to steal too. You protected me from them", Hye's eyes started to get teary. "You're such a kind hearted person. You do things and did things not because you want them... you were just misled", Hye started to cry. "But you changed. I forced you to stay with me. I welcomed you with an open arms and treated you like a child. I listened to your endless painful stories. We both tried to mend those painful memories. For three years, there was not a day that it was boring because you happened to me. I'm so grateful for the heavens to give me such a gift", Hye wiped his tears. "There are still so many things that you can do. There are still so many people to meet. There are still so many places you can go", Hye dropped the spoon and placed the food at the table.  "That's why I am begging you to live. Just like the King... I don't have anything else. I have no family left. I have no wife or children. You're the only thing that's left for me.... can you stay for a little longer?", Hye cried aloud.

Nari remained silent.

She didnt utter any words.

Deep inside her, she also wanted to live more.

She wanted to laugh more

She wanted to love more.

There were no response but handful of tears.

Chapter End.