이 : great escape

the craziest friend that you've ever had

. . .

Yugyeom dashed with the SWAT team through the crowded office, setting one of his hand guns on his ankle holster and the other one on his belly wrap holster. He made sure that both barrels were full before getting himself into this operation. Sitting in the passenger seat of the car in lead, he took his radio and communicated with the rest of the squad.

"Charlie Charlie, this is Cheshire. Radio check, over" His voice was gruff as he talked on the line.

"Cheshire, this is Juliet Yankee two three, crystal clear, five by five over"

"Cheshire, this is Oscar Papa five zero, message is loud and clear, five by five over"

Assured that all the communication lines are in condition, he ordered the driver to lead the convoy and proceeded with the review of the case.

"Our main objective is to arrest Jeon Jungkook, do not fire at him. I repeat, do not harm him in any way. Have you got that? Over"

"This is Juliet Yankee, affirmative. Roger that"

"This is Oscar Papa, affirmative. Roger"

"According to our intel, he went back to Busan a week before the death of Kim Taehyung along with his step-brother, Park Jimin, who was considered to be his hostage. Jeon was last seen in room 39 of LY Hotel. Juliet Yankee, you will cover the corridors on the third floor. Do you copy?"

"Juliet Yankee, positive sir. Copy that"

"Oscar Papa, you're on standby. Cover the perimeter outside the hotel and wait for instructions. Do you copy?"

"Oscar Papa, affirmative. Roger that"

"This is Cheshire, over and out"

Yugyeom placed the radio back on the holster around his waist, hidden in plain sight by his dark brown trench coat. Their car turned around a corner and halted in front of a hotel with a sketchy facade.

Every bit of confidence and worry were in Yugyeom's mind. After five months of searching for him abroad, all this time he was just a few meters away.

Jeon Jungkook, why do I always have to chase you? He thought to himself. He put his hands inside his pockets and let himself inside the hotel. The lady by the information desk was stunned by the presence of the SWAT team and the guns perfectly settled on their shoulders. From the lobby to the empty hallway of the third floor, the creeping tension circulated like fumes of poison.

Stopping by room 39, the door seemed to have been left ajar. Frequent sniffs and sharply drawn breaths could be heard from the outside, leaving Yugyeom in a quandary. He pulled out his gun and signaled the team leader to follow his lead. Upon kicking the door open, a weeping man, hardly alive on the floor, startled him.

"Jimin!" he exclaimed. His left hand was hancuffed on one of the poles of the bed, his shirt filled with dried blood stains, the pants he was wearing were barely holding on around his waist. The SWAT team scanned the room while Yugyeom released Jimin from shackles.

"Where is he? Jiminnie, can you hear me?" He securely held the weak boy beaten up by trauma with his hands, rattling him several times. Jimin's life signs were almost fading, his lips had no color while his face was painted by dark purple and red from bruises.

"Sir, Jungkook is not here" The squad leader reported.

"Jimin? Can you hear me? Where is he?!!"

"H—he..." He tried to pursue his lips to speak but he was out of energy for it, "ji— " a puff of breath escaped his mouth before he completely passed out on Yugyeom's arms.

"D.amn it! Get me an ambulance and call the team downstairs. Alert them that Jungkook has escaped, AGAIN!" He carried his weakened form to the bed where he could rest while an ambulance is on the way. Frustrated and agitated, he was. He threw his fist at the wall and his eyes instantly darted on a carving that somehow blended well with the wall.

He ran his fingers through the carving and reached for the small flashlight in his pocket. Tracing it, his fingers drew a letter O. Yugyeom knew better now. He took a photo of it and saved it in an instant.

"Chief Deputy?" One of the officers called his attention.

"We found this on the refrigerator" He handed a folded piece of paper placed inside a zip lock.

"What is the meaning of this? This is Fort Insanus of Daegu's floor map. Why is it here?" He squinted his eyes at the broad map detailed with the sections and rooms where the prisoners are kept, as well as the offices and private rooms where death penalties are done.

"How'd you know about it given only a floor map, sir?"

"This is where my sister was taken two years ago", a soft gasp left his lips. He couldn't forget what she did that day. It was their father's fault she was pushed to her limit but justice must be served right. It pained him to give the verdict upon his sister, but it was all he could do.

"sir, you have a sister? what is her name?"

"Nari, and it's none of your business"

"Isn't that also the place where Kim Taehyung ended up?"

"Yes" while the rest of the team kicked and crashed every door and window open, Yugyeom had a different business inside his mind. He must have turned bonkers thinking that he had to solve another case yet again. On the corners of his mind, he couldn't quite comprehend what this new challenge could possibly be.

What are you up to, Jeon Jungkook?

. . .

O