십이 : and then there were two

doctor, doctor please listen

M I N   Y O O N G I
J ?

. . .

[an hour later]

Red as the wine he sipped before coming out of the car will his blood be dripping out tonight. He was the metaphor of a mouse stepping inside a lion's cage — pretentiously brave, yet a huge coward inside.

Taking a deep breath before inserting the key, Yoongi was aware of the dangers his haste reaction could bring. He brought a gun with him though, the ones he kept so long inside his car's compartment. Could it be the gun he gave his girlfriend, Eunji, to protect herself? the one she used to kill herself? Well, that's none of our concern right now.

His first step was valiant. While one of his hands stroked the gun under his shirt, his other hand opened the light switch. It was a nostalgic experience going back to that place.

The next step was callous. Behind the living room is the bathroom. The horrific history that hides opposite that door is unbearable. A simple tea party was not supposed to end up as a murder story.

The third step was speculative. He stood alone in the middle of the old dorm, waiting, just patiently waiting.

A shadow of a man walked past in front of him causing him to make a sharp turn to his back. "Who is that? Who are you?!"

"Behind you" a deep and sinister voice of a man replied from behind.

He clutched on his gun tighter. The aura surrounding the room suddenly became too eerie for him to turn around. He tried to take a peak using his peripheral vision but he failed.

"I thought you wanted to end this now?"

His provocative question prompted him to turn around. But why does that voice sound so familiar? Instantly pointing the gun on his forehead, his hand quivered at his appearance. So, that's why he sounded so familiar then.

"You?"

"Yes, me. Why so surprised?" the stranger scoffed.

"We thought — you were, you were dead. We saw your body, how is this—"

"Wow, you guys never failed to make me feel so forgotten and unimportant"

Yoongi swallowed a huge lump in his throat. He was guilty of causing that feeling, perhaps it was because of something he did four years ago, or maybe not. He was not the only suspect anyway, they all equally shared the guilt. They all equally shared the secret.

"So when are you planning to pull the trigger?", the well-proportioned man mocked. Yoongi couldn't control his hands from trembling, one movement from the stranger and the gun he was holding fell on the ground.

"Why are you doing this?", he cried.

"You lied to the chief deputy, didn't you?"

"What do you mean? I didn't lie about anything", for every step the man took towards him, he took a step back.

"Jin accused us of sabotaging his plan blablabla"

"b—but how did you..."

"You made him look crazy so f.uck you! You deserve to die, you and your disgusting, moron friends. How could you live with us while you try to hide behind a crime you're all guilty of?! You're all f.ucking sick bastards!"

"No, Ji—" the man hungry for revenge didn't need to hear the rest of his apologies. The knife he was holding pierced through Yoongi's abdomen. He looked straight into his eyes as he plunged the blade deeper, burying it inside him like the way he buried the scar in his sanity. The stranger smirked as Yoongi exhaled his last breath.

. . .

[Halloween 2014]

YOONGI
he's too strong,
do you think jungkook could
hold him down?

NAMJOON
i thought you weren't gay
and now here you are,
calling another male

YOONGI
d.amn you namjoon
please just call him already

. . .

O

N

J