십 : postmortem

all the best people are crazy, all the best people are

. . .

police station;

"Sir! You wouldn't believe who came in one of the morgues today" The uneasy officer tried to keep up with the chief deputy who has been rushing to get into his office today.

Are you sure he's dead? He looked so alive the last time I saw him.

Yugyeom was so pre-occupied by the fiddling words that escaped Hoseok's lips. He pushed his way through the usual busy office, not minding the tattles of the officer.

"Chief!"

"Shut up and follow me inside my office" That's all Yugyeom had to say to zip his mouth. Closing the door after him, the officer clutched on the folder he's holding, tighter and tighter as seconds passed. The turmoil inside his mind grew bigger and scarier while the young chief deputy forbid him to talk.

"What is it now, Hyungwon? Don't tell me you got another lead on Jeon Jungkook again. I'm not trusting your intel anymore" He blurted out while he fixed his laptop in place on the table, his sticky notes popping out all at once after it started up.

"No sir, this is worse"

"Yeah, like there's anything worse than running after delusional criminals"

"it's about one of the delusional criminals, sir"

"Spill it"

"Namjoon's body was found on the 23rd street, right down the 3rd avenue. His body was lying on top of a garbage pile, behind a convenient store. Good thing I am friends with the autopsy nurse of the station that took his body in, she gave me a copy of his results" Yugyeom's eyes darted on the folder he's holding while he kept his head low, trying to show no emotions.

"Sir?" Hyungwon called him out in a sing-song manner. The chief deputy, nonetheless, was still focused on the file on his hand.

What if he opens it? What will he find out? Why does it seem like it's seducing him, begging him to open it.

"Take that folder to Heechul and tell him to double check the results" He ordered. The officer immediately complied with his command and before the day ended. A handsome, young man invaded the quiet confines of his office.

"So Namjoon's really dead?" Yugyeom rested back on his chair and played with his pen on the arm rest.

"Yes and—" anxiety and tension started to build up as he tried to find the right words to say.

Hesitation. The way he paused in the middle of his sentence triggered a trail of suspicion in the deputy's mind.

"What is it, Heechul?", he gave him a dignified look.

"I've decided to dig up Jin's autopsy report and I found something really disturbing. I believe his case was more than just murder—" Heechul, the forensic scientist, handed him the postmortem documentation of Jin's body, "Sir, I'm afraid there's something else"

hospital;

As the janitor entered Jimin's room tonight, another letter traced in blood was written on the mirror.

To an innocent being, seeing such a horrendous sight would jump start a nerve causing him to take an immediate action.

If you see a smear of blood in the most unusual place, wouldn't you call the police?

Or perhaps, call the attention of an authority?

But for an unexplainable reason, he won't.

At that very moment, a huge mistake is about to be done. This small action would cut a deep hole in the investigation, ruining the most significant clue as to who is responsible of the killings.

Taking his sponge dipped in a pail of water, he slowly wiped the written letter off. Out of everyone's knowledge, he'd be the greatest phantom haunting the haunted.

That janitor...

who could he be?

. . .

O

N

J