7. Alike

"So, Daniel..." Aisha suddenly said as everyone separated to their "dorms". "What's our first mission?"

"I-I don't know..."

"EMERGENCY MEETING CALLED. PLEASE MEET DOCTOR IVAN AT THE DESCENDING HOLE. THIS IS NOT A DRILL, PLEASE MEET UP AT THE DESCENDING HOLE."

"What the fuck?" I was shocked into place. Like ice.

"C'mon," she dragged me by my arm. "You're supposed to be a responsible and organized team leader," Aisha's voice ran with a chilled tone.

I watched as she let go of me and ran towards a bright blue light, just like the one I had seen when I came to this underground place just over three hours ago. I followed closely, and cautiously, behind her, seeing the other members hovering around Doctor Ivan, explaining something to them. As I got closer, I could see everyone wielding some sort of weapon, all uniquely different from each other. I looked at my hip, where the belt was, where my batons were stored. I noticed that everyone's were a different colour, some dull, and some that were bright as hell. I seemed to be the only one with a black uniform too.

"Everyone listen closely, especially you, Dan." Ivan shuffled so that I could join the huddle. "One of the FBI agents just called in a report of a shape shifting humanoid that was jumping across the roofs of buildings. This person could be the one we're looking for, or an enemy from the Lazarus Organization. Either way, we need to capture whoever that is and interrogate them, understood?"

"Yes," we all said with an eerie unity.

"Good. Now, before you guys leave, you all need codes names, otherwise known as an alias."

"Cool!" Arminius cried.

"Aisha, you will be known as Lextric, in the outside world. Arminius, you will be called Anchant. Aria will be referred to as Imaria. Toby is to be known as Luminis-Speer."

What's with all the fancy names?

"Dan," Ivan continued, "everyone will refer to you as Edanent whenever a mission is under progress."

Since when do you give the most boring one a cool name? And did they just merge my name with "element"?

Since it was fucking pitch black outside, we were told to stay low and vigilant, and to only bring out our weapons and abilities if it was significantly needed. I noticed that Aisha had a sash of about fifteen golden ninja stars, each engraved with an electric bolt. Arminius had a sash of purple and black balls, with one row with just purple, and one with black arranged in the same manner. Toby had retractable white blades on his long "Batman" styled gloves, and Aria had two weird rainbow coloured rings. And there was me and my batons. Ivan had explained how these could morph into any thing that could aid me and my elemental powers, though he confessed that he did not know what these could turn into.

Just great.

Being the retard I was, I noticed that everyone was wearing black, but not pure. In fact, Aisha had cool looking golden stripes, three running down each arm sleeve. Toby was wearing a sleeveless bodysuit, with a white lighting bolt on the back and a white ring around his waistline. Aria had rainbow dyed hair at the tips, which coordinated pretty well with her suit, a black body suit with a hood, and rainbow Adidas style stripes running down her arms. Arminius had a suit that wasn't purely black in colour, in fact it was really dark purple, so dark that it seemed like black at first glance. Then there was fucking Dan Smith of Bastille with the seemingly boring black body suit. Only...it was the opposite.

"What's with the similarities between our suits and Dan's being different?" Arminius asked.

"Ah, I was just getting to that." Doctor Ivan smiled softly. "Your suit is built to withstand damage from all elements, and it can assist your strength by absorbing fire, earth, air, and water, as well as the sub-elements."

"Oh."

That was all I could say. I was too shocked and confused to say more.

"Now go. We must find the sixth member and begin the real missions."

The real missions? Does that mean...finding a cure for Kyle and the others?