Chapter 2

Mrs Thomas was in and out of the bank quickly. Moments later she joined the ladies at their favorite Italian restaurant.

"Hello Ladies, how is everyone doing?"
"Well." They answered in unison, and "How are things with you?" They each asked in turn.
"Wonderful... if I may say so."

"Lunch is on me!" Mrs Thomas said, "and no I did not win the lottery."
"Did you rob the bank?" Patsy chimed in.
"Still a comedian I see. My husband said when we all get together its pure trouble. It's just like old times."
They had a good laugh.
"We have to keep things interesting." Pamela said.

"Well I know what I am not ordering," Precious said, "Lobster Alfredo. My first time ordering that, its how many years and I am still searching for the lobster."
"You still remember that?" Paula said. "How can I forget I am still searching for the lobster."
They could not stop laughing.

"Are the children back from France?" Pamela asked.
"No, they left a week ago and will be gone for the rest of the summer.
"I could swear I saw Thomas junior two days ago."
"No. You may have him confused with another child."
"Well he was about the same age and height of your son. He even had freckles on the nose. I called to him but he didn't respond."

"Is your husband cheating on you?"
"Oh no.....my Tom would never do that. Well unless he is Job, I am not swearing for him. The man is so righteous he made a covenant with is eyes not to look at another woman, he even offer sacrifice for his children, not that they had sinned, but in case they should sin."

"You should be a preacher." Precious said.
"I wouldn't go that far," Pamela replied, "but I do find the wisdom in the Bible practical even for our day."

After lunch and fine conversation the ladies were doing a bit of shopping.

"We should do this again soon, it's wonderful when we all can be together, this is lovely." Patsy said.

Slowly strolling along the street a pair of simple yet elegant earing caught Mrs Thomas eyes, 'I did promise to treat myself', so they entered the jewelry store to purchase the earrings. The store clerk placed the earrings in a small blue velvet box. Mrs Thomas handed her the credit card. The clerk took the card looked at it, then at Mrs Thomas, "Is something the matter?" Mrs Thomas asked.
"I am sorry," She said, "but the card has expired."

"Expired?" 'How is that possible, and why would an expired card be in the safety deposit box?' She thought.

Now feeling embarrassed in front of her friends.
"This is embarrassing." Mrs Thomas said out loud!
"There is no need to be embarrassed." the clerk assured her, "It happens all the time. However all is not lost, we do have an excellent layaway plan, you can make a small deposit and we can hold it for two weeks. And if it should go on sale within that time you will get it at the sale price."

Hugs and kisses and off the ladies went to there respective homes.