Chapter 4

"I'll stop by the bank today, " Mr Thomas said, "to investigate so there is no need for you to call."

The deception was slowly unraveling.

"Okay, hon thanks, but I still need to pick up the earrings."
"I could do that as well, just leave the receipt beside the car keys that way I won't forget it."
'I'll do anything to prevent her from going to the bank.' He thought while trying to look nonchalant.

Mrs Thomas sipped her coffee. Looking at the fruited borders in her kitchen.

She had her own thoughts. 'It's almost time for the kids to return home and no sign of my new kitchen, I don't know what's going on in the  head of that husband of mine.'

The children arrived home after a wonderful vacation and looking forward to the next vacation. Aunt Janet already making plans for a tour of Spain, Portugal and the island of Madera.

"So how was your first day back to school?"
"Okay." Tom Junior said.
"Just okay? Where is your  enthusiasm?  No new teachers or friends?"
"Well, I got mad at my friend Jimmy." "Why would you do that?"
"Mom, am I adopted?"
"Some times I wanted to think so." She chuckled.
"MOM, I'm serious."
"What? No Honey. That's an endearment for your father but I'll share it with you just once," She teased. "And why would you asked such a question?"
" Jimmy told me that he saw my brother today. I told him I don't have a brother only my sister Sarah, and he said ""Well now you do."" so I got mad at him."
"Don't be mad at your friends. There are many people that have a strong resemblance and they are not related. Maybe he saw someone who resembled you."