Chapter 7

"Jill honey what's the matter? Are you alright?" He grabbed hold of her so tightly it hurt.
"You're hurting me." She said. He quickly release her arms.
"I am so sorry," he said, "please tell me what's wrong. Should I drive you to the hospital or call for an ambulance? Why are you crying? Why are you sitting in the dark? Where are the children?"

Kneeling in front of her looking at her, he touched her now crystallized tears stained face.

"Jill, Honey, what's the matter?"

She looked at him with no emotion on her face, a single teardrop hanging, refusing to fall.

"I trusted you", she said,  "I swear for you. How could be so cruel? I don't know if I can ever forgive you."

'I have been so careful,' Tom said to himself, 'how did she find out?'

He stepped away from her now looking out the kitchen window at the trees gently swaying in the moonlight.

'God help me', he said 'I don't know how I am going to explain my way out of this one.'

"It's late and we are  both tired. Please, let's go to bed and continue this discussion after a good night's rest."

"How could you say that, we promised never to go to sleep angry with each other!" Said Jill.

"That's true, but we are so tired,  we are not thinking straight."

"You can go to bed but I won't be joining you."

Jill stayed up all night. Tom went to bed but neither one of them could sleep.

Jill now suffering from an headache, due to lack of sleep, made a cup of ginger tea, and curled up on the sofa in the living room.

Tom came down, " Good morning Honey." and sat beside her.

Jill looked at him but did not reciprocate.

"Aren't you going to work?"  Jill asked.

"No, I am taking the day off so we could get to the bottom of whatever this problem is."