Chapter 3

Suddenly it struck  Mr Thomas, 'What did I do? Am I loosing my mind? I just sent my wife to the safety deposit box.' He rushed to the bank.

"Mr Thomas", Mr Perkins said, "I am honored to have Mr and Mrs Thomas in the bank on the same day. You seemed rushed Mr Thomas."
"Sorry Mr Perkins, I have an appointment and must get back right away."
"This way please follow me."

Mr Thomas couldn't  wait to see which card his wife took. She took the expired card. 'What if she tried to use it.' He questioned himself. 'This is not looking good, I'll stay out as late as possible, that way I'll have more time to figure out how to get out of this mess that  I created.'

The next morning Mr Thomas asked, "How was your girls' day out?"
"It was fantastic, we had such a good time, but before the day ended I totally embarrass myself."
"What happened dear?" He asked kowing very well the possible answer.
 "I was in the middle of purchasing a beautiful pair of earrings only to found out that the bank card was expired,  I did not even look at it when I took it from safety deposit. The store clerk was empathetic but explained about the excellent layaway plan they have. But my question is why do we have an expired card in the safety deposit box? What happened to the replacement card? We should have received one by now."

"I'll make a call later today to the bank, I sure wouldn't want the card to fall in the wrong hands."