Daddy dearest

"Tessa! Tessa!" I hear Lucy sing from somewhere near my head.

I groan and pull my bedsheets over my head. unfortunately, Lucy persists. I feel my bed sink under her as she climbs onto my bed and begins to bounce "Tessa, wakey wakey! I'm hungry!"

"Can't you go get yourself something to eat?" I mumble sleepily.

"No! Your kitchen's too fancy, I'm terrified I'll use something wrong or break it..."

"Seriously Lu, I doubt you'd be able to break my whole kitchen." But I sigh and slowly climb out of my wonderfully comfy bed.

"Anyway."I add "what makes you think that I know how to use stuff in it properly?"

She grins and shrugs "It's your house."

Once we're in the slick, marble covered kitchen I begin to pull stuff out of the cupboards and take the executive decision that today will be a pancake day. As I begin to throw ingredients into the bowl I hear my stepdad's voice.

"Morning girls, have fun last night?"

I turn to see Tessa smiling politely at him "Yes thank you Stephen, it was great."

"Yeah it was good" I agree smiling and mentally slapping the image of Dylan out of my head. No Tessa. Bad.

"How was work?"

He runs an ageing hand through his short grey hair and sighs "It wasn't too bad thanks Tess."

"Would you like some pancakes too when they're ready?" I ask

"Oh, that'd be great thanks, only if you have enough to go around" I nod and smirk, because Stephen knows all too well that when I cook I always cook enough for a small army.

I get to work as Stephen and Lucy chat aimlessly.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Once Stephen's excused himself and joked about the food poisoning I've most likely given him, I decide to just shove the plates into the dishwasher and hope someone (aka my mum) will sort out the flour covered work surfaces.

"Aww, look!" Lucy says, shoving her phone under my nose.

It's a picture, Chloe must have sent it a moment ago. It's a selfie of her and Dylan from last night. In it Chloe's posing, neck tilted, lips pouted slightly. Dylan on the other hand is pulling a horrific face at the camera. I burst out laughing.

"Yeah... adorable" I manage between laughs.

"She asks if we all want to hang out at the park tomorrow"

"Sounds like fun."