chapter 20

I'm sitting in the garden, reading a book while the guys are working on their new album. I hear my phone go off, so check it.

Lisa - can u get me I'm at the airport I came out to see u :)

Amie - what? which terminal?

Lisa -5

I jump into my car and head off. It's about an hours drive so I plug my iPod into the stereo and sing along. It's been 3 weeks since the Korn concert and my voice finally came back after 3 days of croaking.

I find a parking space and run into the terminal. I see Lisa standing there and sneak up behind her, grabbing her for a hug.

"Amie," she screams.

I grab her bag and drag her out to the car. We head back. Halfway, my phone goes off. I ask Lisa to read the text.

Tony - you've disappeared!

Amie - on way wont be long x

I ask her to answer. I want it to be a surprise.

I pull up outside my aunts house and grab Lisa's bags. I show her around the house and pour her a glass of wine.

Tony and the guys turn up an hour later. He had been home to shower while he waited for me to come back. Lisa and I are in the back garden, slightly tipsy when they troop around to look for us.

"Amie has multiplied" shouts Mike when he spots two of us. Lisa has long purple hair to my short blue hair. We are a similar height and build and have been mistaken for sisters before.

"Hey guys, this is Lisa, my best friend forever from back home" I giggle. I introduce them and motion them to sit. Tony decides to sit on my lap so Mike sits on Lisa's. Vic and Jaime just laugh and pull their chairs closer. We sit around drinking and talking for hours - by then the guys are a bit in good form so I tell them they can stay.

I wake up the next day around 11 with no Tony. There's a note on my dressing table.

Had to go to work. I'll text you later. Have fun with Lisa. Love you xxx

Tony

I smile. It's the first "love letter" I've had off him. I carefully fold it and put in the drawer.

I go to check if Lisa is awake. She's just coming around.

"Wake up lazy head" I shout, sticking my head around the door to her room. She groans. I laugh and run down the stairs to make coffee and have a cigarette. What can we do today I wonder? I drink my coffee and go for a shower. I get dressed and wait for Lisa. She's taking forever to get moving. Eventually she emerges and we decide on shopping and a movie. This is the life I think to myself. Amazing friends, a gorgeous, loving boyfriend and copious amounts of sun.

We get back early evening and I make us some chicken salad, which we eat outside. I hear Tony's car pull up. Him and Mike walk around the back to find us. Tony pulls me up for a kiss and Mike parks himself next to Lisa. They were practically inseparable last night. I nudge Tony and nod towards them. We decide to go to a nightclub. We dance all night and when the slow songs come on, Tony takes me in his arms and Mike and Lisa do the same. It's really funny as like me, she's a lot shorter. We call a cab and head for home. Mike is staying with Lisa tonight and Tony with me, as usual. I snuggle into his chest and kiss him.

"I love you, Tony" I whisper.