Chapter 9

~Ellie's POV~

When we were driving to the Gunnarsen's I was so nervous to meet Martinus's family even though I already meet Marcus. My Dad noticed and said

Dad- Don't be nervous sweetie, you played against bigger players and you smashed there team. So don't worry about it, sweetie. 

I gave my Dad a thank you smile and before I knew it, we were at the Gunnarsen's.my Dad and I both got out of the car and walked up to the front door. I pressed the doorbell and within seconds the door opened up and I saw Martinus looking really handsome. 

After we got introduced to each other, we sit down at the dining table. After a minute of silence, I heard Mr. Gunnarsen speck up

Mr. Gunnarsen- So Ellie, what are you interested in? 

Ellie- Well I love footy or AFL which is a sport in Australia. I love watching it, playing it, teaching it, studying the players and their skills...

I noticed everyone staring at me and blood rushed to my face in embarrassment. I looked down at my food and mumbles

Ellie- Sorry

Mr. Gunnarsen-  It's ok, I like how passionate you are about AFL. Have you taught the boys how to play AFL?

Ellie- Yea, I started teaching Marcus but I've taught Martinus a lot more.

  Mr. Gunnarsen - Who is your favorite player? 

Ellie- From the Western Bulldogs it's Marcus Bontempelli but if it's from another team it would probably be Tex Walker from Adelaide Crows.

After that conversation with  Mr. Gunnarsen, the parents started talking about something.  After we finished our meal I helped Mrs. Gunnarsen bring all the dishes into the kitchen.

Mrs. Gunnarsen- I really hope you and Martinus become girlfriend and boyfriend.

When  Mrs. Gunnarsen made that comment I instantly blushed.

  Mrs. Gunnarsen- And I can tell Martinus likes you too.

After  Mrs. Gunnarsen telling me about Martinus and wanting us to be together we finished the dishes and went into their living room. I sat down between Martinus and Emma. Emma looked up at me and said

Emma- Your very pretty, I can tell why my brother likes you.

When Emma said that heat rose to my cheeks and I saw Martinus giving Emma the 'shut up' look. I turned to look back at Emma and said

Ellie- Thank you and you're very pretty too.

Emma then did a really cute chuckle.

You know the saying 'time flies when your having fun' that is what happened I was having so much fun being in a happy family me and my Dad didn't realize that it was 10 o'clock already. We said our goodbyes to everyone and I gave Martinus a big hug. Once we got home I got changed into my PJ's and went to sleep only 4 more days until the steps come and the start of the school year. Fun (not)