chapter one

CHAPTER ONE :1 - 1 = nothing without you

CHAPTER ONE :
1 - 1 = nothing without you. |

 |

DANIEL SIGHED, he took out the cigarette from his mouth and threw it onto the ground, using his feet,
he stepped on it until the fire was no more.

he puts his hands in front of his leather jacket, he leaned in on the outside wall of the convenient store. he was waiting for his friends to arrive. he closed his eyes for a second, and suddenly a memory flashed through his mind.

"youngmin smokes?" daniel shockingly asked the girl. the girl sighed, frowning, "i know, right? it's so disgusting, ugh!" frustrated, obviously. daniel laughed, moving closer to her, "this is why you should date me instead, i never smoke!" he giggled, kissing her forehead.

a memory. daniel has always been thinking of memories of the past. it's like a routine. whatever he does, a sudden memory would always re-appear in his mind and play like a movie.

whenever daniel is being reminded of the past, he'll groan, or most probably yell out in frustration. but this time, he didnt, he calmly took a deep breath in and a deep breath out.

"hyung! you thinking again?" his group of friends yelled out to him as they all take off their bike helmets, adjusting their hair, walking towards daniel.

"ah — is my boy still thinking about her?" his best friend, seongwoo, wrapped his arm around daniel's shoulder, teasing him, nudging his elbow.

daniel was somewhere in busan, he finished university, and he decided to continue work as a barista at a cafe near his apartment.

daniel's heart ached at the thought and mention of her. sometimes, he'll wonder what she's doing — in seoul. they stopped talking a year ago, and the year flew by super fast, without even realizing.

daniel learned how to ride a bike, he gained some new friends, he picked up smoking, because to him, smoking was the only thing that was able to numb his pain.

"come on! i suggest we drink our hearts out tonight!" seongwoo yelled into his face, laughing like an idiot.

daniel just weakly chuckled, he suddenly had no energy to do anything. "i'll pass," daniel sighed, before putting on his helmet. daniel's group of friends — were all confused as to of his behavior.

"hey, hey, mister kang, let's party, at least - okay? no drinking," jihoon stopped daniel from adjusting his helmet, he suggested another idea. daniel sighed, finally giving in to his group of ten friends, he said, "fine, let's party," before getting on his bike. not everyone had their bikes, so most of them had to share.

the rest of the boys started their engines and rode off to their destination. it was a club at downtown east — daniel and seongwoo loved going there, because it wasnt loud or packed with people. it was cool for people like guanlin and daehwi to attend because it isnt like any hardcore club party.

the moment they arrived there, daniel took off his helmet, he walks into the club, and he sat at the biggest lounge there is, to fit the party of eleven people.

"i'm getting wasted tonight, baby!" seongwoo and sungwoon both yells as they ran over to the bar and ordered countless of drinks.

the rest of the boys decided to dance sober, because that was their source of entertainment. but only jisung was there at the lounge, sitting together with daniel.

daniel takes out his phone, he was waiting for a text notification to come out from her but there's none at all. daniel groaned, slamming his fists onto the table, he was so close onto crying, but he couldnt — not here.

a few minutes later, a tall woman came into the club, she got her eyes set on daniel. she was wearing a thin layered dress, black — lace. her body was slim, she had long brown wavy hair, and black heels on.

she walked over to daniel and sits right next to him. "that's your bike out there?" she whispered over to him, he looked up from his phone and took a quick glance at her, he scoffed — "not interested," moving away from her, closer to jisung.

the woman raised a brow, "an attractive man like you taken?" she asks, biting her lip, moving closer. daniel lets out a soft cocky chuckle — "no, i'm not, and i most definitely dont want to be taken by you," he raised his voice, slamming his fists onto the table, he walked out of the club, leaving the ten boys behind.

he got out and got on his bike. instead of riding off into the sunset, he took out another cigarette bud and lights it up. he took out his wallet, taking out a small picture from the sides of it.

it was a picture of a girl, his ex love, jung hyemi. thinking of the name made daniel tear up, there was no point in acting tough now — he just wanted to cry.

"i told you i'd wait for you — but i never knew it'll be this long," daniel sobbed softly to himself, a tear dropping onto the picture of her. he rubbed his temple, frustrated at how long he has been waiting.

"come back, hyemi — i'm nothing without you," he whispered to himself, shedding another tear. suddenly, he felt a pair of hands on his broad shoulders.

he looked up, it was jisung. "you okay, dan?" the boy asked the sobbing man on the bike. daniel eventually shakes his head, crying even more — "no man, i just feel like it's pointless! she'll never come back!"

jisung shushed him, he comforted daniel for a while, letting him cry on his shirt. "she will, daniel, she will come back — just not anytime soon," jisung reassured him.

and for once, daniel thought positively — that she will come back and they will love once again.